My doctor wouldn't do a test...

angel4eva

Reaction score
I went to the doctors after having 3 faint positives, as was unsure, but he wouldn't test to confirm just said you need to book in with the midwife at 8 weeks as you will be pregnant if you have seen a 2nd line. I have since done 2 clear blue test as I was unsure, and definitely pregnant.

I just thought this wasn't very good treatment from the doctors, and was definitely not the case with my first pregnancy. Anyone else experienced this?

Doctors don't generally confirm it. Home pregnancy tests are very accurate. This is my 8th and I've never had a pregnancy confirmed.

My doctor is pretty good and did blood test for me pray for level to have gone up as having it taken again on Monday fx

When I found out I was pregnant with my son, my doc wouldn't see me until I was 8 weeks. I just had to trust the pregnancy test and she said an extra test wasn't necessary. Hope that helps!

My first few were very faint because I was really early I would buy some cheap dollar ones as I did and test every few days u will see them get darker I enjoyed seeing the lines get darker

I would say check out some new doctors. About 6 years ago, I got pregnant (ended up having a MC) and I went to my doctor and she gave me a test... same one I did probably haha but I just wanted a doctor to confirm it. She offered blood test but said it's basically the same sensitivity as a urine test. She confirmed positive. She never questioned why I was coming to see her.

I never had a test at the doctors for either of my babies. Its not common practice.

I'm actually going to my doc tomorrow to check for pregnancy cuz I'm 5, almost 6, days late with tons of symptoms daily (cramping for 3 weeks) and getting BFNs and BFPs so im confused.

I think the blood tests and measuring of hcg levels is more common when you've done fertility treatments like IVF. I had an FET so I had them test and measure my levels, but I guess they don't do it for everyone. Congrats on your pregnancy!!

I went to the dr after positive tests.
They confirmed with a pregnancy test and then refered me to an ob.

That's normal practice where I'm from. Since I have no reason to have an ob otherwise you need a referral to one. And midwives aren't a popular option nor was it my option.

Congrats! that's not very fair of your doctor, i thought they were supposed to do a test just to make sure.. with both my pregnancies they always did blood pregnancy tests. and urine ones as well

In the UK it is not common for a doctor to confirm a pregnancy. They're only using the same tests as you can buy anywhere so it's no more accurate anyway. They won't test HCG unless you've been through fertility testing or have specific problems as it's not really necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->