My Evening Primrose Oil findings -the good, bad and ugly

Interesting link, I did the quiz and I'm all good :thumbup:

Well I'm taking a low dose of EPO 300mg whilst I have my AF this month, will stop today (CD4) or tomorrow, and then be 100% natural and supplement free for the remainder of the cycle

Will report back my findings hopefully it will just be the natural cycle I had before I tried EPO, which was quite satisfactory, it's a shame something which cleared up my skin so well stufed up my LP:cry:

Such a bummer that you couldn't have your cake and eat it too (clear skin, TTC help). Is there nothing else you can take to help with the face stuff? EPO is ~10% Linolenicacid and ~70% gamma-Linolenic (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evening_primrose).

Maybe you get slightly more androgenic (usually high androgens bring on acne) in balance during AF and the EPO helps offset that. Borage oil would probably have the same Ov effect as EPO, so maybe reducing androgen effects in your system would be better (like using SP).

IDK...just thinking out loud. GL for this cycle!!

Have you tried rubbing EPO on your face? My friend does that. X

Such a bummer that you couldn't have your cake and eat it too (clear skin, TTC help). Is there nothing else you can take to help with the face stuff? EPO is ~10% Linolenicacid and ~70% gamma-Linolenic (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evening_primrose).

Maybe you get slightly more androgenic (usually high androgens bring on acne) in balance during AF and the EPO helps offset that. Borage oil would probably have the same Ov effect as EPO, so maybe reducing androgen effects in your system would be better (like using SP).

IDK...just thinking out loud. GL for this cycle!!

Well I'm doing this low dose for the days of AF, and will see if that is enough to make a difference to the skin break out issue, I won't know for another 2-3 weeks though, as it's in the runup to AF I've been having the skin probs, rest of the time my skin is good.

Am happy to risk the spots this month, we will see what happens...

Hi, actually it might just be a mid cycle bleed, I got them for the first time when I started taking EPO, and it's thought they are a fertile sign so FX.

Good to hear that you are going to read the book and start charting, that will give you a lot more knowledge about what's happening for sure. I get probably 2 days of pos OPK so whilst it helps build a picture, it's not as exact a science as the temping.

Hey there,
Unforyunately it is not a mid cycle bleed. It's been going on for 7 days, my periods are usualy lasts 4 days. This is constant bleeding, not spotting :( something seriously wrong. I've tried to make an appt with my obgyn, but no luck. the next available morning or evening appt is in 3 weeks. Maybe I need a DnC. I also have strange cramping, not like af cramps. Not painfu,l its just there.
So I don't think the EPO has anything to do with it. I can't believe that in the last 8 month i only had 1 cycle when I could do something, like an IUI. Always something... I never had problem with my cycles before starting TTC.
sometimes I think maybe I'm not meant to become a mother ever.
I'm sorry for being a party pooper. I'm depressed right now. Getting tired of this ...

Sorry to hear that newbie, I hope you can get an appointment soon to figure out what's going wrong, TTC is not fun that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->