My Evening Primrose Oil findings -the good, bad and ugly

Haha no i got something called Robitussin from Amazon i take it i got the right stuff?

Haha no i got something called Robitussin from Amazon i take it i got the right stuff?

Yes anything that contains Guafesnin should do the job :thumbup: - let me know what it tastes like matey?

Aaah maybe all Guafesnin products taste like that then LOL Barfesnin more like

Yes anything that contains Guafesnin should do the job :thumbup: - let me know what it tastes like matey?

it's tastes vile... yuk!!!!! You need to have a drink to hand after taking that stuff. Why can't it taste like Buttercup Sryup??

OMg I bought some this month but it was so terrible I only took it once a day. Leaves a horrible taste even drinking a whole cup of water to rinse and wash it down :sick:

Well update so far I am 6dpo today. Ovulated on day 19 which is pretty good for me. Not sure though if it was the soy or the EPO though :shrug:
I did get 4 very positive OPKs this month the strongest (super strong almost purple line) being on day 3 of the 4 positives. So I had a good ovulation.
Feeling pretty good. No signs of pregnancy, just have to keep waiting and seeing what the next week brings. I will be testing on the 13th of August or maybe earlier am never good at waiting and I have heaps of cheap HPTs.
Not feeling hopeful have had a pretty awful couple of weeks, very stressful with some trouble at my DHs work that is impacting our home life and our ability to move next year like we hoped.

Hope all the other EPOers are doing okay :flower:

Guys I take the mucinex in pill form...can you not get it where y'all are?

Make sure the gufanisen (sp) is the only ingredient in it or you will do more harm than good.

Thanks Dmom but all the capsules and pills available in the UK seem to contain pseudoephedrine rather than guafesnin - so I think us Brits will have to keep choking down the puky cough syrup!

Can't get mucinex liquid or pill form here..only Robitussin liquid, I took it for a day or two and decided against it...it tastes vile!!

Thanks Dmom but all the capsules and pills available in the UK seem to contain pseudoephedrine rather than guafesnin - so I think us Brits will have to keep choking down the puky cough syrup!

Can't get mucinex liquid or pill form here..only Robitussin liquid, I took it for a day or two and decided against it...it tastes vile!!

Hi Ladies, FertilAid CM can help with that and ships to UK. It may not be as cheap, but it certainly can get the job done very well. FertailAid CM. This is per friends and even site testimonials.

Better yet, maybe just get a hold of the main active ingredient N-Acetyl Cysteine https://www.advance-health.com/nacetylcysteine.html. Amazon seems to sell it cheaply. And there's natural food stores.

*SS*

Ladies, 8DPO today and temp has plummeted below the coverline this morning, I would gather that EPO has now for the third month in a row fecked up my LP, from 16 days to 9 days.

Enough is enough for me, it's going in the bin, as much as I like having a clear skin and less AF cramps, if it's spoiling my chances of getting pg there's really no point in taking it.

I now have to go on the pill again to realign my cycle dates with my OH's work schedule, and hope that it works and keeps AF at bay for the next week.

I will report back in a few weeks after a supplement free cycle - there's no way I'd be game to put any more stuff into my body that is not prescribed by a proper doctor.

Please keep posting on this thread though, it's useful for others to hear of your experiences so they can make a more informed choice:thumbup:

NS, let's see tomorrow's temp first.

Well I took a BCP this morning so I think it will be up up up.

This morning my OH was firmly locked into cuddle posiiton when I woke up so I felt pretty warm, but temp was low:dohh:

I'm ok with this cycle being a bust, but not ok with losing the next 2 down to timing, so yeah, have to see what occurs...

NS, do you have anything new planned for next cycle besides no EPO and taking the pill?

NS, do you have anything new planned for next cycle besides no EPO and taking the pill?

No, after the EPO problems I'm not going to take anything that might stuff up my cycle. So far I've had 1 where our timing wasn't great, 3 x EPO cycles where my LP was stuffed and next cycle it depends on how much I can delay AF and subsequent O if we can even DTD :dohh:

I really think your doc should offer you more knowing the situation you are in at the moment.

I really think your doc should offer you more knowing the situation you are in at the moment.

ITA, I think I'll make an appointment with another doc in the practice who says on his blurb that he has a special interest in fertility, I thought a female doc would be better, but it's not really working out for us :nope:

I haven't even got around to being stressed over being 35+ yet as I'm so stressed about OH getting home in time to fertilise me every month!:growlmad:

It just sounds to me like your doc is trying to put the owness on you instead of working with you. It's not as if your OH's schedule will change next month...time for another opinion. :hugs:

NS, how frustrating! I don't think I would try EPO after your experience. Good luck with the mini-pill. :dust:

NS, how frustrating! I don't think I would try EPO after your experience. Good luck with the mini-pill. :dust:

Thanks Viking, well I wanted to share my experience to let others know, I do feel like it has hurt my chances these past 3 months.

How are you getting on with your WTT campaign? Hope all is well with you:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->