My Evening Primrose Oil findings -the good, bad and ugly

NS, how frustrating! I don't think I would try EPO after your experience. Good luck with the mini-pill. :dust:

Thanks Viking, well I wanted to share my experience to let others know, I do feel like it has hurt my chances these past 3 months.

How are you getting on with your WTT campaign? Hope all is well with you:flower:

I would make a little bonfire for that EPO and watch it melt to smithereens. :finger: G' luck with the next efforts. Thanks for sharing.

*SS*

Hello ladies,
So I've started EPO on cd1, 1000 mg at night. Didn't notice any side effects as of yet. However, today (cd7) i started to spot/bleed. I had a normal 26 day cycle, with a 4 day period.
I've finished with af 3 days ago, 2 days nothing and now this bleeding. What could it be? I think its too early to have any effects from EPO. did anybody had similar experience while on EPO? Should I stop taking it? This is so frustrating. I'm getting so tired of this guessing game :(
Thanks for any input in advance!

I had some mid cycle spotting with EPO, which I've never had before.

1000mg is a pretty high dose, I was only on 500mg and it delayed my ovulation - and Jodeshas just posted on another thread that she is having the same side effect of delayed ovulation. As for if you should stop, IDK, it had a bad SE on me, with shortening my LP so I'm not likely to be taking it anymore whilst TTC.

Are you charting, put the link up to your chart if you like and I'll have a look?

For both myself and Wendy, neither of us ovulated until we stopped taking the EPO, in my case it took 4-6 days for O after I stopped taking it, so it would help a lot if you were charting for comparison purposes?

Hi Northstar,
I don't chart other than on my phone an application, I'm not temping, keep putting it off. But Yes, I know about the delayed ov, that's why I wanted to try EPO. For the past couple of months I o-ed on cd099-cd11. I'm not liking this spotting one bit.
As for the 1000 mg, I saw others were taking double this amount, I thought I'm taking a small dose :( I guess I will not take it tonight and see how it goes. Last month, after taking vitex, my cycle was longer, maybe I will stick with the vitex only. Thank you for your help!

I use Evening Primrose Oil on my face at night, that's the only use for it I know of...
Hope it works for you ladies!

Actually it's been really good for my skin, when I came off BCP I was prone to hormonal breakouts and it helped with that a lot.

Newbie74 I'm not sure what to advise without a chart, how are you confirming O without temping are you using only opks? Because I think they help but they don't confirm O.

Junebug can you help advise here, is ovulating CD9-10 (ie shortish FP) considered a problem? Because I've not heard of that as being a problem before now, I thought it was only a short LP that could be problematic.

Hmmmm never heard of a short FP being a problem... But definitely check with your doc just in case I'm out of the loop!

Thank you both! Yes, unfortunatelly short fp was a problem for me. I was doing a medicated IUI cycle and day 10 when I was ovulating I had 2-3 follies all very small, they didn't have time to mature. We went through with the IUI, thinking I dont really have anything to lose. That was my first and only medicated IUI cycle.
I just want to prevent early ovulation happening again.
My doctor said she would put me on an IVF protocol next time. I took the summer off from assisted conception, because of traveling schedule. I will be back to my fs in September.
I never thought at the temping that way before, never really looked into it. But I will get a thermometer tomorrow.
Thank you ladies for your advices. It's like brain storming:)

I find the temping and charting really informative, I started by reading this book, which is a bit preachy but full of useful info, and bought a BBT thermometer (about £5 of amazon) and also use www.fertilityfriend.com to make the actual chart

Good luck, and come back and let us know how you get on?

https://www.amazon.com/Taking-Charge-Your-Fertility-Reproductive/dp/0060937645

I've ordered that book today. I've seen it before, heard about it, but I thought I'm on these forums, I can learn anything and everything from here from other women talking from experience. Well, I think the book will help in charting and many other things. Great reviews.
I always thought if I get a positive OPK, I'm ovulating. Now seems like it might not be true. We will see. Thank you for the tip!
Right now I have my period, started 2 days after the one before. This is new and something must be wrong. Either the EPO or just perimenopause.. I was thinking that with this af what am I shedding? I just finished bleeding and now again. I never had lining problems, but maybe it was too thick this past month...? I don't know, I hope this book will shed some light on my issues.
Have a good day everyone!

Hi, actually it might just be a mid cycle bleed, I got them for the first time when I started taking EPO, and it's thought they are a fertile sign so FX.

Good to hear that you are going to read the book and start charting, that will give you a lot more knowledge about what's happening for sure. I get probably 2 days of pos OPK so whilst it helps build a picture, it's not as exact a science as the temping.

Hey gals!

Just wanted to report on something that might be relevant to this thread - I stopped taking EPO last cycle because of a possible detrimental effect on my LP. This cycle I started on Clomid for the first time, but was concerned about the effect it would have on both my endometrial layer and CM (seem to be commonly reported side effects). To combat that I've been taking Royal Jelly, L-Arginine, Robitussin, and trying to drink a fair amount of green tea and grapefruit juice. The result has been - TMI alert - more EWCM than I have ever had before! The only unfortunate thing is I don't know exactly which of those are doing the job, since all 5 of those things are supposed to help it in some way...

I would probably cancel out the green tea as I always drink a fair amount of that. Haven't been hitting the grapefruit juice too hard either, maybe a medium sized glass of it per day.

Anyway, I am hoping it is having the same effect on my lining as well as I always have v. light periods - L-Arginine and Royal Jelly are supposed to help with that as well as CM.

The only caution I would have for others is that those latter 2 (RJ and L-Arg) are apparently said to have estrogenic properties - the reason I am taking them (low-ish tested estradiol and light periods). I would say be careful taking them if you are already estrogen dominant...

Just in case it is useful for anyone anyway :flower:

can any one tell me what does of epo you take,is it 1000mg or 500? thanks

In my case even a dose of 500mg interfered with my natural cycle and shifted my O date so I would not recommend 1000mg.

Hey gals!

Just wanted to report on something that might be relevant to this thread - I stopped taking EPO last cycle because of a possible detrimental effect on my LP. This cycle I started on Clomid for the first time, but was concerned about the effect it would have on both my endometrial layer and CM (seem to be commonly reported side effects). To combat that I've been taking Royal Jelly, L-Arginine, Robitussin, and trying to drink a fair amount of green tea and grapefruit juice. The result has been - TMI alert - more EWCM than I have ever had before! The only unfortunate thing is I don't know exactly which of those are doing the job, since all 5 of those things are supposed to help it in some way...

I would probably cancel out the green tea as I always drink a fair amount of that. Haven't been hitting the grapefruit juice too hard either, maybe a medium sized glass of it per day.

Anyway, I am hoping it is having the same effect on my lining as well as I always have v. light periods - L-Arginine and Royal Jelly are supposed to help with that as well as CM.

The only caution I would have for others is that those latter 2 (RJ and L-Arg) are apparently said to have estrogenic properties - the reason I am taking them (low-ish tested estradiol and light periods). I would say be careful taking them if you are already estrogen dominant...

Is there a way you can tell if you are estrogen dominant without lots of tests at the doctors?

Hey gals!

Is there a way you can tell if you are estrogen dominant without lots of tests at the doctors?

https://www.hormoneprofile.com/ Use the links in the left column.:thumbup:

Interesting link, I did the quiz and I'm all good :thumbup:

Well I'm taking a low dose of EPO 300mg whilst I have my AF this month, will stop today (CD4) or tomorrow, and then be 100% natural and supplement free for the remainder of the cycle

Will report back my findings hopefully it will just be the natural cycle I had before I tried EPO, which was quite satisfactory, it's a shame something which cleared up my skin so well stufed up my LP:cry:

Brilliant :thumbup: , that is one less thing to worry about, as I had seen women talking about being estrogen dominant and wondered what that might involve

My new theory is that if your hormones are balanced ok then adding a supplement could potentially do more harm than good.

Just remember people have different reactions to any supplement or drug. No two bodies are the same :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->