my first formula feed...

ok so barry had his 6oz bottle at 11:45 and was asleep by noon. he slept till 2pm, woke up wasnt interested in feeding at 4pm he started to get hungry, so i gave him a 6oz bottle (3oz bm & 3oz fm) and he finished that about 4:30...its now 5:08pm, as of 8 minutes ago he was chatting to his teddy, but its gone quiet, so i'll go see if hes fallen asleep.

i meant to get him down at 4pm, not 5pm, but i was so busy sorting out his clothes that i didnt realise the time and he didnt get fussy till 4 instead of asleep by 4!

oops! still if he sleep san hour now, 7:30pm he can have another bottle and then bedtime (thats the plan anyway)

i pumped while he napped earlier and if hes asleep when i go check now, i'll pump again!

Great :happydance: Keep posting, I feel like a stalker :haha:

ok so he finally fell asleep at 8:45pm and has been awake since 9:30pm...

im not really sure whats wrong, hes drank about 8oz, clean diaper, been winded, is warm enough....

i have a splitting headache and am home alone with him so i cant ask someone to take him for a while.

im ready for bed and LO is just ready to fuss all night ugh.

Was he asleep when you went and checked around 5? And if he was, when did he get up? Then went back to sleep at 8:45 only to wake at 9:30? Just want to make sure I'm on the same page.

Was he asleep when you went and checked around 5? And if he was, when did he get up? Then went back to sleep at 8:45 only to wake at 9:30? Just want to make sure I'm on the same page.

he was actually awake till 6pm when he finally fell asleep and woke at 6:45pm ish,

and then i gave him a 6oz bottle of mixed bm and fm at 8:30pm, he was asleep by 8:45pm and awake at 9:30pm

i finally got him back down at 11pm after another 4oz of fm.

my head is killing me!

i just had dinner and a bunch of water, gonna go to bed.

Barry slept from 11pm till 8am

i fed him from breast when he woke and pumped the other side.

gave him 6oz bottle - 3oz fm & 2oz bm at 11:30am, he was asleep at 11:50am

crossing fingers he'll nap later and go to bed on time.

Best wishes hun, hope he naps later. It sound like it's working & he's about to get into a routine. xx

Best wishes hun, hope he naps later. It sound like it's working & he's about to get into a routine. xx

thankyou!

he went down at 11:50am and woke at 12:50pm so an hour nap, he fed from booby at 2:30pm and had a 6oz bottle at 3:30pm, 3:55pm asleep in his bassinet!

crossing fingers he sleeps at least an hour. my husband even helped me out a bit today, he clean out the litter trays, filled the cats dry food feeder and took a bag of trash out with him when he left for work!

which means i get a little bit of me time while barry is napping. :happydance:

(till i have to start dinner for one of the roommates)

I am so happy for you. It sounds like everything is starting to work out. Hopefully after awhile you'll be able to get into some kind of routine (not necessarily a schedule). :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I am so happy for you. It sounds like everything is starting to work out. Hopefully after awhile you'll be able to get into some kind of routine (not necessarily a schedule). :happydance::happydance::happydance:

hes always made has own routine and generally it goes something like this:

8-9am awake and booby feed
11:30/noon feed
noon-12:30 nap
1:30/2pm awake
3:30/4pm feed
4/4:30pm nap
7:30/8pm feed
8/8:30pm bedtime
(occasionally 4am feed)

it might vary by an hour or so here or there, but i dont force him to nap, when i see hes getting tired i feed him and if hes falling asleep at the feed then its nap time. his routine is..well exactly that...his!

i booby feed on demand whenever he wants.

the feeds now are 6oz bottles, and he seems happy to feed every 3.5-4 hours instead of evety 2 hours.

i manage to pump about 13oz a day so i mix 9oz with the bottles of formula (3oz of each per bottle) and use the 4oz left over if he wakes at 4am.

pumping every time he has a bottle, and on the opposite side he feeds from in the morning. i dont get up every 2 hours in the night to pump now because im supplementing what i need with the formula. so i dont feel stressed or pressure about pumping any more AND i get to sleep the whole night! :thumbup:

oh and not to mention ive noticed such a difference with my LO, hes pooping daily now so i know hes getting more food, and hes already put some weight on, im going to weight him tomorrow and find out! crossing fingers xxx

im exhausted!

barry went down at 8pm, woke up at 11pm, had bottle at midnight, its now 1:10am and hes awake and giggling.

me? i was ready for bed 3 hours ago :(

Hope you were able to get back to sleep!:hugs:

4 month sleep regression hun. Dont worry, it will settle soon. xx

so, he was still awake at 1am, 1:30am he was asleep, 2am he was awake.

finally got him back down at 4am and he woke at 10am.

so i managed to get 6 hours of sleep which i guess isnt too bad, but i hope this passes soon.

it really does seem like he thinks he should nap instead of sleep.

Sorry last night didn't go so well:( Did you get a chance to weigh him?

Sorry last night didn't go so well:( Did you get a chance to weigh him?

honestly....i complete forgot! :dohh:

i will do it tomorrow after his first booby feed (as thats the same time i weighed him last time)

today he didnt go down for his first nap, but he did go down for his second nap and slept for an hour, i managed to get him down for bedtime at 8pm and its now 10:31pm and hes still asleep. Im hoping that if he wakes it wont be till 4am ish. or even sleep through to 8am would be nice:thumbup:

how are you doing angel? and how is lovely little carter?

Hi there. Have you thought about a change in teat size? I changed teat size four days ago and i swear i have a brand new baby! And one who has become a puddin overnight!

Sorry in advance if you have covered this already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->