my first formula feed...

I know I'm late lol but I gave Kayleigh Enfamil A+ Ready to feed formula and she loved it. I bought the ready to feed because I was only going to give her the odd bottle, but I decided 1-2 bottles a day now after/with meals would be okay, so I had a big can of powder of the Enfamil GentleEase and she hated it. Wouldn't take it for nothing. She was around 10 months so I decided to give cows milk since she was still having booby 4-6 times during the day. Anyways, Kayleigh thought the gentlease was gross too.

lol have you smelt the stuff? its worse then his poo! well it was when he was only on bm lol now his poo doesnt smell so good :/

im trying the normal Enfamil one and he seems to prefer that. his gas drops got delivered in time to start the normal enfamil so there should be no problems with gas. so far so good.

hes currently taking his second nap and hes been GREAT all day!

my right booby though is in a lot of pain. just moving my arm against it hurts like crazy, didnt sleep well last night because of it, i tried to pump last night and only got 2oz from it and it hurt too much to compress it to get more out. so now today its really engorged. OWWWW :nope:

I know I'm late lol but I gave Kayleigh Enfamil A+ Ready to feed formula and she loved it. I bought the ready to feed because I was only going to give her the odd bottle, but I decided 1-2 bottles a day now after/with meals would be okay, so I had a big can of powder of the Enfamil GentleEase and she hated it. Wouldn't take it for nothing. She was around 10 months so I decided to give cows milk since she was still having booby 4-6 times during the day. Anyways, Kayleigh thought the gentlease was gross too.

lol have you smelt the stuff? its worse then his poo! well it was when he was only on bm lol now his poo doesnt smell so good :/

im trying the normal Enfamil one and he seems to prefer that. his gas drops got delivered in time to start the normal enfamil so there should be no problems with gas. so far so good.

hes currently taking his second nap and hes been GREAT all day!

my right booby though is in a lot of pain. just moving my arm against it hurts like crazy, didnt sleep well last night because of it, i tried to pump last night and only got 2oz from it and it hurt too much to compress it to get more out. so now today its really engorged. OWWWW :nope:

Oh yes, stinky stuff! hehe I know I wouldn't want to drink it... the regular A+ didn't smell no where near as bad though, so I think we will cave and buy some... I like the cows milk and she likes it too, but I like the added boost of the formula... makes me feel better.

Oh no :( I don't want to go through it, even though someday I will... ugh! I know my supply has dropped since she will have a few bottles of milk a day but she likes them so much lol... I don't want to take them away from her. She doesn't want booby as much at all, but loves it in the morning, and a few times through the day, which is good. I hope your booby feels better soon! :hugs:

Kayleigh just woke up for the 3-4th time since going to bed 2 hours ago. She has a cold, and is teething, so she has been waking like that the past two nights, all through, like every 10 minutes! I'm soooo tired! Need sleep!

Oh yes, stinky stuff! hehe I know I wouldn't want to drink it... the regular A+ didn't smell no where near as bad though, so I think we will cave and buy some... I like the cows milk and she likes it too, but I like the added boost of the formula... makes me feel better.

Oh no :( I don't want to go through it, even though someday I will... ugh! I know my supply has dropped since she will have a few bottles of milk a day but she likes them so much lol... I don't want to take them away from her. She doesn't want booby as much at all, but loves it in the morning, and a few times through the day, which is good. I hope your booby feels better soon! :hugs:

Kayleigh just woke up for the 3-4th time since going to bed 2 hours ago. She has a cold, and is teething, so she has been waking like that the past two nights, all through, like every 10 minutes! I'm soooo tired! Need sleep!

the A+ is the one in the yellow tin right? thats what we just switched to, and between that and his gas drops, no problems yet! im still pumping when i can, but not the 2 hour intervals i was before because that was causing so mch stress it was insane. so i guess i can expect my milk supply to go down more, but i still let him feed when he wakes up in the morning and again before bedtime along with a bottle to top up what he didnt get. he had a feed from them tonight so they arent AS sore, but still tender to the touch.

sorry to hear Kayleigh isnt well! poor thing i hope she gets better soon. Barry used to sleep through but now wakes at least once during the night normally around 4am (hence why im up now waiting for himt o go back to sleep after his bottle) sometimes though he wakes up a couple fo hours after hes gone to bed. that seems to be the biggest problem because he treats it like a nap and decides to stay awake!

Glad things are still going well. Just to help with that aforementioned guilt, my LO was weighed again today and in ten days has gone from 9lb 4oz to 10lb 11oz!!!!

It was obviously the best decision i ever made to top up.

Mine are starting to dry too-but a lesser evil than a unhappy babe:flower:

Glad things are still going well. Just to help with that aforementioned guilt, my LO was weighed again today and in ten days has gone from 9lb 4oz to 10lb 11oz!!!!

thats great news! well done! :hugs: im going to weigh Barry again monday and see if hes still putting on weight.

bit OT and bit not OT....i have 2 young cats who are quite small, when i went to the UK for october i came back and they'd lost a lot of weight (they dont eat a lot fo wet food and nibble on dry food on and off all day)

i weighed them as well and they've gone from 4lbs to 8lbs! im so pleased :)

they'll never put on more then that because they are so energetic and run around 20 hours a day, but im thinking my roommates didnt leave out the dry food for them all the time like suppose to. Ive also conviced one of them to start eating wet food.

i need to loose weight though lol cant put these cookies down though :winkwink:

It is great that Barry is still doing so good. BTW how is your booby?(not to sound creepy). Also great news on the cats. I once went on a trip and my little brother was supposed to be taking care of my cat (he lived with me at the time). I think I was gone for 4 days. When I came home Bugs had no food in his bowl. I freaked out at my brother because for all I knew Bugs may have went with out food for 2 or 3 days. Roommates!!:dohh:

It is great that Barry is still doing so good. BTW how is your booby?(not to sound creepy). Also great news on the cats. I once went on a trip and my little brother was supposed to be taking care of my cat (he lived with me at the time). I think I was gone for 4 days. When I came home Bugs had no food in his bowl. I freaked out at my brother because for all I knew Bugs may have went with out food for 2 or 3 days. Roommates!!:dohh:

well i let him feed from it a bit last night (he woke up at 4am) and then topped him up with a bottle and got him back down. then i let him feed from both sides this morning at 8 in bed for a cuddle and he slept after that till 10am. so they arent sore today, i think he emptied them pretty good!

the A+ is the one in the yellow tin right? thats what we just switched to, and between that and his gas drops, no problems yet! im still pumping when i can, but not the 2 hour intervals i was before because that was causing so mch stress it was insane. so i guess i can expect my milk supply to go down more, but i still let him feed when he wakes up in the morning and again before bedtime along with a bottle to top up what he didnt get. he had a feed from them tonight so they arent AS sore, but still tender to the touch.

sorry to hear Kayleigh isnt well! poor thing i hope she gets better soon. Barry used to sleep through but now wakes at least once during the night normally around 4am (hence why im up now waiting for himt o go back to sleep after his bottle) sometimes though he wakes up a couple fo hours after hes gone to bed. that seems to be the biggest problem because he treats it like a nap and decides to stay awake!

Yup the yellow cans are I believe. I've been told by my doctor that it's the best one to choose, I guess closest to breastmilk for their tummy to handle or something. Kayleigh took to it fine at least. The morning and night feeds would be fine to continue if you want, more for comfort kind of thing, plus a boost of boobie juice lol.

She seems a little better today, but coughing tonight... so we shall see tomorrow. If her cough still around, we might take her to the doctor. I mean probably just a cold but just in case.

Oh wow, Kayleigh only stayed awake once and it was for a few hours... and hasn't done it since (thank goodness lol)

Hope everything is still going just as well for you and Barry. Also how is your DH situation, is he still making a bit more effort than he used to?

things are going ok, Barry slept good last night, he woke up 2 hours after i put him down, i think it was wind, he drank 3oz and went straight back to sleep and didnt wake till 8am this morning!

napping however went out the window, he was showing signs of tiredness at 11am, so i gave him his bottle and put him down, he decided then that he wanted to be awake, so tried again at noon, and again at 1pm where he finally fell asleep and woke up 45 minutes later. hes rubbing his eyes a bit and a bit moany so i know hes still tired, i think he'll go down better for his next nap, bottle at 3:30pm asleep at 4pm is the plan.

as for DH, god i love him, and it hink the stress really contributed to a lot of the problem ive been having with him. I sent him a long email, and he started to do better, then he stopped so i sent another email last night and he started doing more in the house again before he went to bed.

today we had a argument (we dont have shouting matches, its more of a heated conversation) and i walked off and changed Barrys diaper, and DH went outside to the car. he came in not even 2 mintues later and apologised...he looked ready to cry. he said he was sorry, that he wasnt ready to be a dad (barry was a surprise baby i was on the patch) and that he didnt realise how hard it was going to be for both of us. He promised to make more of an effort to help out at home and to tell him when i need help.

i had a little cry and we had a hug, then he tickled me and this made barry burst into tears lol, so he picked up barry and we danced around the bedroom like idiot to the radio till DH had to go fix the cars headlight before he goes to work tonight.

feeling a bit better. but im also secretly worried about something...

my tumms felt kind of strange, and i was sick yesterday morning, a little bit last night and again this morning. its nothing ive eaten because DH and roommatw eat the same thing ( i cook dinner for all 3 of us) and they are fine. I havent told DH. I guess im worried i might be pregnant again.

I was using the breastfeeding as contraception method, but of course with the low supply i guess maybe its not that effective.

i took a test a week ago and it was negative. so it could be just the stress. i dont want to take another test because i dont think i want to know! i'll be in shock if i am pregnant, and slightly disappointed if im not. i do and dont want another baby. but its not the plan - i said that before though.

:hugs: I had quite the scare about 2 months ago but I really think mine was stress. Like you my OH was being an ass and made some bad decisions. So hopefully that will be the case for you too (even though you may secretly hope-am I wrong in assuming that with the way things have been with your OH, it wouldn't be the best news). When are you going to test again?
I don't know what to say about Barry and his naps-maybe just an off day?

I think it is just stress taking its toll, and now that things are improving hopefully the stress and its side-effects will subside.

I thinkt hat being pregnant now would be very hard, and very stressful but i think we would get through it, being pregnant the first time round was a nightmare. we lived with MIL, i didnt have a job. we hadnt long been married and didnt find out till i was 15 weeks along. it was a huge shock and a lot of stress. but we did the best we could, i got a job, we got a house, and its a big stress financially while im off work looking after Barry.

i dont think its that im hoping, but it wouldnt be a bad thing if i was? like it wouldnt be the end of the world, id just have to cope with it like id di the first time round. would it be a good thing right now? not really. not because of my DH and me, but financially we ae not having a good time.

the furnance just broke (im wearing a coat inside!), we have a christmas tree with 1 tinsel garland because we cannot afford lights or decorations. the fridge has broke. the car battery has broke, the car suspension has broke. we sent out personalised christmas cards to the family, no-one will be getting any presents. property tax just came in, along with all our other bills. fun fun fun.

my husbands a great guy, just needs to understand that just because he works (and i appreciate that he works) doesnt mean he cant help me out in the house!

We are in the same boat financially. After I had Carter we moved to MO and are currently living with my mom so that we can pay off the med bills from having him (horrible insurance). So we have lived with her for about 4 mos and can't wait to leave but can't afford to. The only thing with us is that we planned Carter, things just didn't work out like we planned.

We are in the same boat financially. After I had Carter we moved to MO and are currently living with my mom so that we can pay off the med bills from having him (horrible insurance). So we have lived with her for about 4 mos and can't wait to leave but can't afford to. The only thing with us is that we planned Carter, things just didn't work out like we planned.

we did live with MIL but moved out to our own place which is DH's grandmothers home that we re rent-to-own contracting from her. not an ideal situation because MIL decides she has a say in everything we decide to do (like paint etc)

but now the car battery, furnace, fridge & freezer and property tax have all decided to break/come at the same time, at christmas no less. fun fun fun! theres no point me going back to work atm either because id make less money then childcare would cost. and i cant trust MIL enough to leave LO with her and i dont have nay family or friends to watch him for me.

im hoping to start my own business next year as a photographer but ive got no clue where to start with it all. so will have to wait and see.

i took a test, which came up negative. but was sick about 30 minutes after i had some noodles. sickness has been for 3 days now. but this is the second negative test in 3 weeks.

thats great news! well done! :hugs: im going to weigh Barry again monday and see if hes still putting on weight.

bit OT and bit not OT....i have 2 young cats who are quite small, when i went to the UK for october i came back and they'd lost a lot of weight (they dont eat a lot fo wet food and nibble on dry food on and off all day)

i weighed them as well and they've gone from 4lbs to 8lbs! im so pleased :)

they'll never put on more then that because they are so energetic and run around 20 hours a day, but im thinking my roommates didnt leave out the dry food for them all the time like suppose to. Ive also conviced one of them to start eating wet food.

i need to loose weight though lol cant put these cookies down though :winkwink:

You'll have to let us know what Barry weighs on Monday! If your boobs are still sore you could try heat? I used boob gel pads that you heat and put in your bra (really glam). Not OT about the cats :winkwink: I have two cats too-right nutjobs:winkwink: Not that we have dont have enough to worry about with LO but i wouldn't be without them:winkwink: Cookies-yum! Although i think they are better in than US than in the UK! My OH grew up in Florida and Wisconsin so knows what a real cookie should be like-no dried packet stuff for him:winkwink:

I'm really sorry things are hard financially:nope: Money does not make us happy but certainly helps life and relationships with OHs!!!! We wanted to move but have just decided not to (we live in a one bed flat in London) after doing some viewings of two bed flats/houses. They seemed small in compariosn to our one bed and the cost of the deposit was terrible. Equivalent of approx' 5500 dollars to cover deposit, etc! That would keep me off work for 3 monhs more!!! Financially, we are on a tight budget and every penny counts. I am finding ingenious ways to keep self occupied without spending! Of course buying things for LO makes me feel like I am treating myself:winkwink:

Sorry you have an upset tummy-just what you need! NOT! I know how you feel about slight dissappointment though. I know we could not afford/manage at the moment but i would secretly get pregnant as soon as i could again. Desperate to get my little family grown and sorted (before i reach 35) and provide company for Lillian. My oH will be 40 in 4 years and i dont want our LOs having "old fuddies" for parents:winkwink: I am sure the lack of sleep would be harder to manage the older we get!

Keep "talking" to your OH! Much better than keeeping silence and maks for a better relationship. You both need to be strong and "together" when things are tough.

Sorry if i have rambled!!!!!:hugs:

i'll try heat pads if they are still sore tomorrow, today they havent been sore at all, but they also havent held a lot of milk. ugh.

cats are wonderful arent they? such funny things. we have 3, i have a ginger tabby who i flew over from england to the usa with me called Gin (he had a brother called Tonic), and then we rescued two tortishells girls, Stella Artois (beer) and Asti Spumante (sparking wine). Gins 7 now, and the girls are 1 year. they are like children to me. and spoilt as such!

What awesome names!!!! We have a blak and white Tom called Penguin and a rescued tortoiseshell called Octave. We got her at approx 8 weeks old from a lady who looks after abandoned but healthy animals for the RSPCA. Octave was found in a carrier bag in a street bin:growlmad: When i rang (we had recently lost our big cat :cry:)the lady said we you should see her before we decide if we want her. I said i didnt care what she looked like: we were going to take her! Cruelty to animals makes me feel physicaly sick!

my cats are all rescued too. Gin and Tonic were found in the middle of a highway. everyone had stopped and was beeping their horns but no-one bothered to get out their car and move them, they were terribly thin, wet, and cold. i took them home, and put up found posters, 6months later the owner contacted me. had gone on holiday for 4 months travelling around the world. forgot he had cats till now. i refused to give them back. ended up going to court and the RSPCA helped me wint he case and keep them.

Stella and Asti we found by the side of a road, middle of the night in a box labled "kittens", they had been there sometime, thin, cold and soaking wet with the rain. we put them in the car, drove to walmart bought beds, collars, bowls and a towel. knew from the start these girls were staying with us.

its insane how people are cruel to animals. :nope:

DH update: after the little talk and cry, he called me a bunch while at work and we talked on and off about random things.

I made dinner but had been sick again so didnt feel in the mood to eat and was feeling exhausted so i went to bed. before i went to bed, i left a little note on my DHs desk saying dinner was done, how long to heat it up for and to give gin a small handful of dry food before coming to bed.

i woke up this morning and....hed not only washed his dinner plate, but had put the leftovers ina tub in the fridge and had cleaned the cooking pan and utensils too. so i woke up to no dishes!

That is great about your OH! I hope that you start to feel better soon. Did you guys get any snow? We got just a little (just enough to put Carter in his snow suit, lay him in the snow and take a pic). I hate snow, just makes driving harder-I already have a 30 min drive into the city as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->