• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My First Post! Soy, TTC, Exercise & Missing Periods

photogingmama

Reaction score
So...I have 3 kids (I'm 32) and all were "accidents" and we are now trying for our fourth. I have always had 28-30 day cycles, everything normal. I had about 15 lbs to lose from my 2 year old and wanted it off so I finally got back in the gym and watching what I eat in Feb. Dropped 15 lbs over a few months-healthy, slow, etc. In early April my period was abnormally short and light. Then from there I had a 40 day cycle with no positive opk (didn't temp). I am now on another cycle which I am on CD 5 of-still lighter than normal but at least it was 5 days.

I was tested for prolactin levels and thyriod issues but dr is saying it was the weight loss and the exercise (specifically running about 3-4 miles 4 times a week in addition to other things). So at the beginning of this cycle I toned down the running and started eating more (my hubby thinks its funny) and started taking soy isoflavones on CD2 and will stop tomorrow (CD6)-200 mg with Red Clover (its in it already).

Anyone have any experience with cycles changing that drastically from a little exercise? How long did it take to regulate itself (thats why I decided to take soy), and anyone know of any side affects of soy on baby (even if taken way before ovulation), did it make you ovulate sooner, and anything on hyperstimulation? I have 3, Lord knows I don't need twins ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->