My first test at avoiding alcohol!

ChristiansMum

Mummy of 3 and 1 angel
Reaction score
Hi, my step father in law popped round tonight and brought some beers round for my husband and a bottle of blue WKD for me. Well nobody knows we are expecting again. He kept asking why I'm not drinking it ect so of all excuses I said 'ohh I don't feel like a drink I have got to get up early with the kids and go shopping' well he looked at me like I had a 2nd head or something!! The big test will be tomorrow night when we go out for drinks for my husbands birthday and obviously I won't be drinking so I'm on lemonade (as I normally drink archers and lemonade) And my husband has said if anyone buys me a drink to just give it to him! Personally I don't know how I am going to stay awake past 9pm!! Xx

I Feel you! My husbands side of the family doesn't know we are expecting yet, and yesterday at Dinner his mother offered me a glass of wine! She has never done this! I didn't know what to do, but I just politely said no thank you. Thankfully she is not the type to pressure anyone. & you can always tell them you are doing a cleanse or something... I've seen that in the movies haha! Good Luck staying awake tonight!

I found out early that I was expecting. Having lost 3months before that I didn't want to tell family. I had a family wedding two days after o found out. I told everyone I was driving amd hubbie was drinking. He never drink and they all know that. I had only one person ask me why I wasn't so it was easy enough. Enjoy and good luck

I am the type to turn down drinks sometimes anyway so for the people who dont know its pretty normal when I turn down a beer lol. But staying awake and alert during these thanksgiving festivities has been really hard!! I am so exhausted!

I've been trying a while so I've done very little drinking over the last year. Maybe one or two when I did. But now that I'm actually pregnant I'm being offered drinks more often. First my brother, then my father, and then my mother. I'm just adamant that I don't want any....lol

I normally have 1 or 2 on a Friday or Saturday night with my husband while we are sat watching tv but other than that I have a few when we go out for special occasions.

Well tonight is the night we are going out for DH birthday and I have been feeling awful all day! All I want to do is climb back in bed! Brought a new top for tonight that's baggy as I have bloated out x

Good luck tonight! I think your strategy sounds good. I think the key is not drawing attention to it.

I'm worried about Christmas as we'll have all our family round for Christmas Day. I know everyone will suspect I'm pregnant, so my husband and I came up with a plan. I'll accept drinks and he'll drink them. If it's busy, I don't think many people will notice if I'm not drinking the drinks they pour me. I'm going to have some drinks that look like white wine (schloer, elderflower, grape juice etc.) at the ready and surrepticiously brought to me by my husband so I can still look like I'm having wine. I think if I don't draw attention to it, everything will be fine. I hope! I really want to want till 12 weeks to tell people and everyone already thinks I'm pregnant, so they won't need much to suspect!

x

Yes that's mine and DH plan as well for tonight and I will just be in lemonade :) we are at my SIL for Christmas Day and out with my parents Boxing Day so I don't know what I'm going to do for either cause my dad always goes to he bar to buy the drinks! Saying that my DH wants to surprise everyone on Xmas day with the baby news x

My plan is when people give me a drink say i need the loo and tip it down the toilet, only reason is our holiday party's are not busy and if i switched with OH people would notice i have no other option:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->