My foof is on fire!!! (TMI)

Minifur

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

Have just offcially crossed over into 3rd tri :happydance:, so hello everyone!

Got a question for you all - I'm on anti biotics at the mo for a UTI, but have had a really itchy foof which upon investigation :dohh: is looking sore and red and last night I discovered a small amount of white like powdery kind of 'stuff' (tmi!) Is this thrush?!! I've not been able to not itch:nope: and now it feels like its on fire!!!

I've read that if you go to the docs with thrush they just prescribe you caneston - can I just go to the chemist today and get some do you think, only won't be able to get a docs appt for a couple of days and I need to do something or I'm going to go mad!!

Thanks all! xxx

Hello and Welcome, you can just by it over the counter but if you go to the GP you will get if for free (one of the bonus' of being pregnant). It does sound like thrush esp is you discharge is like cottage cheese (TMI).

I would go to your GP tomorrow if you can hun just to get it looked at as you may need it for external and internal and will save youself a bit of money. Until them though I don't know if it is advised when pregnant, I would check first, natural youghurt is good for calming it down.

Yeah I was wondering about the yoghurt thing as I've heard that too. Need to get something today ideally - typical its Sunday! Maybe with the caneston I could just get external like you say and then at least I wouldn't be 'taking anything' without checking first. Thanks hun xxx

hey hun... sounds like thrush to me. Very common with antibiotics. Natural yoghurt applied to the area is supposed to be very good. I have never had thrush before but one of my best mates used to get it all the time and cleared it up by using tampons that were dipped in natural yoghurt... not sure if you should do that being pregnant tho so maybe just apply the yoghurt to the outside area.

hope you get some relief hun!

It is ok, the only reason i queried the natural youghurt is because your meant to put it on a tampon and dont know if this is good in pregnancy. You could always ring your MW as my MW thought I had it and she was happy enough for me to get the pessary without seeing anyone.

Glad I did not though as when I saw my GP I did not even have thrush just mild SPD

I'm off on a yoghurt mission then! But will just apply it rather than do the tampon thing. I've never had thrush before, so am a bit clueless! The joys of pregnancy eh?!:haha:

Oh I feel for you, I cant use anything scented in the bath or i get it and it is the soooo painful and irritating. Hope it eases for you hun xxxx

hey hun, twice ive been given antibiotics for UTI and twice they gave me thrush and sounds exactly like what you are describing! Just best to get it checked with your doc first tomorrow if you can! good luck!

You poor thing, thrush is horrific

The yoghurt thing won't work unless you do the tampon thing, because the thrush lives high up in the vagina, so the tampon is to hold the yoghurt up there for long enough for it to help.

The canesten cream helps with the itching, but doesn't clear the thrush, you need the pessary for that.

Oh and if you've been sleeping with your OH, he'll need the treatment too or you'll just end up passing it back and forth.

Augh! I hate anti biotics!! they always without fail give me thrush! Sounds like thrush, I got thrush a few weeks back but I wasn't sure if it was thrush since it was only the symptoms of thrush so I never used my pessary only my cream & when I went and seen my MW she told me to use my pessary. Was gone the next day :D

I also think the yogurt thing is usually done with a tampon but if you are in so much discomfort it cant hurt to try get the yogurt in there another way. Perhaps you could try insert some with a finger instead of a tampon, although perhaps the mini tampons might work as these are designed for use by teenagers experienceing their first periods so very small, also perhaps smear some on a sanitary towel and wear that just to provide some relief form the external itching. Just remember to wash frequesntly, dont use any soaps on the area and use clean towel each time. I hope you get soe relief soon hun xxx

Try just inserting the yogurt on your finger and doing it that way.. :blush:
It does help ease the pain for a little while anyway.

Quick question whats a pessary?

The tablet you get with Canestan duo, you put it up there on a little stick and it dissolves into cream. Works like magic :thumbup:

The tablet you get with Canestan duo, you put it up there on a little stick and it dissolves into cream. Works like magic :thumbup:

Oh wow, and it's totally safe to use?

Why didn't my doc tell me this lol!

A pessary is basically like a tampon just it dissolves

Oh wow, and it's totally safe to use?

Why didn't my doc tell me this lol!

I asked my MW a few weeks back since I was unsure if it was safe or not during pregnancy, she assured me it was fine but when reading another thread on here a lady has thrush and shes nearly 40 weeks and someone mentioned that she wasn't to put the pessary in herself when shes that far along so aslong as you're not at full term I would think its safe to diy.

I would say your Dr is a moron :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->