my friend was awful

With friends like that who needs enemies! What an absolutely awful thing for her to say to you. If one of my friends said that to me they wouldn't be my friend a minute longer, I dont care what is going on with them, there is no excuse.

I'd stay away from her if I was you! x

I wouldn't talk to her again if it was me. Talking about losing the baby like that completely crossed the line I feel

that's awful ! so sorry your "friend" said that to you !

ouch... I would actually talk to her and ask why she said that... could there be a possibility that she lost a baby? I highly doubt that a person would just say something like that with no reason. If that is the case - cut her out of your life :hugs:

I can't imagine someone who has been through a miscarriage saying that to someone else. If anything, we know even more so what a horrific nightmare it is and it is even more disgusting for one of us to say that (in my opinion). That is absolutely no excuse. Surround yourself with positive people only! Life is too short and you deserve nothing less! Here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy :)

ouch... I would actually talk to her and ask why she said that... could there be a possibility that she lost a baby? I highly doubt that a person would just say something like that with no reason. If that is the case - cut her out of your life :hugs:

How would a miscarriage get someone to say something like that? Sorry disagree. A miscarriage makes you appreciate pregnancy more!

How would a miscarriage get someone to say something like that? Sorry disagree. A miscarriage makes you appreciate pregnancy more!

People react differently to grief. I wouldn't judge her until I absolutely knew why she said it. And then if it was just because, I would simply cut her out of my life forever.

There is absolutely no excuse for anyone to say something like that to a pregnant woman. Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

it takes A LOT to leave me speechless and your post and your friend's behavior accomplished that.

this is a plain childishly vile selfish reaction and if i were you, i'd wait to cool down a bit (and vent away on the amazing lifesaving bnb), maybe talk to another trustworthy, close friend or your OH, and then simply call her and confront her.

why i suggest to wait is NOT because she deserves it, but because of YOU - you'll give yourself a chance to think of EVERYTHING you want to tell her, she won't be able to brush it off as a momentary, hormone-driven, irrational preggo girl thing, and you won't be left with "oh shit i should have said/i forgot to say this and that".

but that behavior is unacceptable and she should really come up with PROFOUND apologies and A GOOD explanation (and no excuses).

Thanks everyone I haven't spoken to her yet up just can't bring myself to like you skyesmum it takes a lot to make me speechless I know I will probably see her this weekend as she goes into the pub I work at so I'm a little anxious :/

Personally, she'd no longer have the privilege of being my friend.

That is absolute the worst thing your friend could say!!

Maybe she's going through her own issues? Jealousy? She's anti-baby? Or maybe she thinks you guys are still young and should enjoy life? Doesn't sound like you guys are very close. But if you are, ask her. Talk to her and tell her that it is rude and hurtful to say what she said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->