My Gorgeous Boy Mason Thomas- Born 18/09/09

pinkbow

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Well thought i better write my birth story at some point lol!!:cloud9:

well on wed the 16th sept i had mw appt was my 39week appt! and was told my baby was now 4/5 engaged frm being 2/5...no idea how lol and id have to wait till i was 14days overdue before i got induced so that would be oct...and wouldnt be offered a sweep so i was SOOOO DEPRESSED thinking ill never go into labour!! :cry:

However!...i woke up on thurs the 17th at 6.30 am to pee and my water broke(at first i didnt kno if i was just peeing LOADS lol) so i wake OH and phone the hosp and she says i can come in to be checked or hang out at home so i chose to stay at home as i felt fine except sore period style pains but regular every 10mins or so!...well having ur water break is horrible, a constant leak however u move lol...pains started getting quite bad and where now every 8mins by 9am so phoned hosp again to see what to do, she said to get in the bath and take paracetamol. So i did and was great in the bath, OH sat and poured water over my tummy which was lovely! lost loads of plug in there so got out which then made contractions worse i felt i wanted to go in to hosp...well the Midwife led unit...and was examined, my waters had gone, baby was fine and i was only 1cm!!! :grr: thot omg imnot gonna cope...so went home with co-codamol!!! lol...managed at home till about half 4pm as pains where every3-4mins and real bad...made way back up to unit again and was 4cm!!! whoop only on 2 co-codamol!! lol so was allowed to stay and try gas and air if i wanted!...Thought id wait till i REALLY couldnt cope so me and OH had a cup of tea and some toast and tried to chill out thru my pains! at half 5pm started gas n air as couldnt cope with just breathing and mw said to stand up and sway hips to get him down etc...did this and OMG pain was terrible but managed with gas...mw said ill come back at 10.30pm to check how dilated u r...but i only made it to 9.30 as my body was pushing and i was freaking lol...got on bed and was fully dilated :happydance: was in shock at how fast it was going!!...started pushing every second contraction just getting him down and by 11pm started pushing for real, OMG not what i expected its harder than i thought :rofl:...also i wasnt pushing hard enough as was sooo scared i was gonna tear so they gave me an episiotomy to get him out as had been pushing a while and with the next push after that he came flying out crying away and OH cut the cord which he was dead chuffed at!! :cloud9: so MASON was born at 00.05am on the 18th sept, obv didnt like the 17th :lol:

He was put straight on my chest and stayed there for 2hours and also had a wee breast feed which was amazing :cloud: He was sooo soft and cuddly and didnt even cry just lay there with his hand gripping my finger!!...

i then got stictched up, only needed a few which was quite sore tbh! Ans mason got weighed and measured, he was 8lb11.5oz and 55cms long!!!...and scored 9/10 on the apgar scale 2 which was fab! lol...then i went for a shower and OH got to change LO and have a cuddle!..i then got taken up to ward with mason and OH went home for a sleep shower etc and would be back later on at 2pm!!...Mason spend the night in the bed with with for snuggles and it was the BEST time ive ever had, i just stared at him the rest of the night!

i was then released at 4pm that same day as He was breastfeeding well and passed all his tests and i felt well!! so it was great to be home and sleep in my own bed!!

SOOO on my notes i read full on labour was only 6hours! and tbh wasnt half bad, think i got it pretty easy lol...id do it again! :)

im soooo in love with his he is sooo good and content! :cloud9:
sorry its sooo long lol thanks for reading:)

Aww congrats he's a stunner :) What a wonderful day to be born on too (my bday lol)

:)
x

thanks girls, i cant stop looking at him, hes such a wee cuite!! :cloud9:

linzi it is a great day to be born...and he waited until that day aswell :rofl:

Congrats again Rachy :) i know exactly what you mean about the pushing thing, so totally not what i thought it'd feel like!

Congrats Rach he is sooo cute, nearly as cute as my little man :)

hehe thanks faun!...billy is gorgeous 2...ooo these boys r gonna be heartbreakers huh...uh oh!! :rofl:

Congrats again hun!!! Jenna cant wait to meet mason tomorro :) she has packed the camera and the presents lol!!! xxx

ahww Rach hes beautiful!!!! Congratulations honey!!

thanks gals!!

milly chayce is gorgeous in ur avatar hun!!

Claire thats sooooo cute, mason is vey excited to meet jenna that he actually cant sleep!! :rofl:

Thank you every1 :)

diz noah is soooo cute in ur siggy pic and soo colourful 2 :lol:

cant believe mason is 2weeks old already!!! :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back