My HCG Level: normal or low?

21yrsurvivor

Reaction score
First and foremost I want to say Sorry for all the posts ladies, thank you to those that understand my posts and thank you so much to those that take the time to help put my mind at ease or give me honest input.

First day of my last period was May 26th

So on 14 DPO (June 28) I got my BFP! On 16 DPO (June 30) I went to get the bloodwork done and got my results back, which was kinda interesting because there were two different results 10 minutes apart LOL.

The first one was 382 mIU/mL and 10 minutes later it was 384 mIU/mL

My phone apps and websites calculate that I'm at 5 weeks, 2 Days, so that's what I'm going off of. I have looked at other women's numbers and see them in high 600's-1300+ for 16 DPO. Plus, I have read all sorts of different HCG charts and some vary on the number ranges. Is mine low, normal, perfect? For my suggested time frame?

Thank you all who write :hugs:

I don't know much about individual numbers but your numbers look good from what I've read on this site, what is more important is that they rise as they should (doubling roughly every 48 hours.)
women have gone on to have healthy pregnancies with low HCG levels and some have had high levels and have lost their babies. Good luck xx

My levels were 85 then 195 when I was 5 weeks ( I was a late ovulator ) and my levels a week later are in the 2,600s so try not to worry aslong as there doubling , same happened with my son who is now 2 years old and causing mayhem lol :) just relax or book a private early scan at around 6-7 weeks for reaasuurance

I didn't even get my bfp till 17dpo. Ovulation was confirmed with temps and opks. Just implanted late. My first bloods were taken At 19dpo and my first result was only 25! I know you will hear this a lot but the actual number really is irrelevant. It's how it's rises that's important, so one blood draw can't tell you anything really. If your very nervous Id ask for repeat bloods. Although bloods doubling can't confirm a healthy pregnancy it will give you a great idea that things are progressing in the right direction. Congratulations!

Very true , my levels with my son were around 25 too and was quite late ovulator and he was fine , just ask for repeat bloods , wish you the best of luck

From your ovulation dates, you're 4 weeks and 5 days, not 5+3 as your period date suggests. Your numbers sound excellent for 16dpo to me xxxxxx

From your ovulation dates, you're 4 weeks and 5 days, not 5+3 as your period date suggests. Your numbers sound excellent for 16dpo to me xxxxxx

Thank you so much hun for the lovely reply. I was told by another great woman on here to go off my O day. But when I count I'm only 19 DPO, so I'm trying to find out how the 4 weeks come into play *scratch head* forgive me for sound uneducated in this. How am I 4 weeks pregnant when I Od on CD 20 (June 14)? I would think just below 3 weeks.

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain and saying my numbers look good for 16 DPO :hugs:

Thank you so much hun for the lovely reply. I was told by another great woman on here to go off my O day. But when I count I'm only 19 DPO, so I'm trying to find out how the 4 weeks come into play *scratch head* forgive me for sound uneducated in this. How am I 4 weeks pregnant when I Od on CD 20 (June 14)? I would think just below 3 weeks.

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain and saying my numbers look good for 16 DPO :hugs:

It is confusing at first! Doctors add on the two weeks so your dates would go from the start of your last period in a standard 28 day cycle where ovulation would generally happen around 14 dpo. Some people ovulate earlier or later, but in general, when the baby has been growing for 14 days, this would be 28 days pregnant (4 weeks), and so on.
If you know when you ovulated you'll have a better idea of how far you are, just add an extra 2 weeks onto your ovulation date. Doctors tend to go off your period until a dating scan gives an accurate date, but many women don't ovulate at exactly 14 dpo or have perfect 4 week cycles xxxxxx

It is confusing at first! Doctors add on the two weeks so your dates would go from the start of your last period in a standard 28 day cycle where ovulation would generally happen around 14 dpo. Some people ovulate earlier or later, but in general, when the baby has been growing for 14 days, this would be 28 days pregnant (4 weeks), and so on.
If you know when you ovulated you'll have a better idea of how far you are, just add an extra 2 weeks onto your ovulation date. Doctors tend to go off your period until a dating scan gives an accurate date, but many women don't ovulate at exactly 14 dpo or have perfect 4 week cycles xxxxxx

Thank you for the reply girl. According to FF I O'd on June 14th on CD 20. So it sounds like you are right about the timing.

Your levels sounds just about right hun! Mine was 198 at 15dpo! :)

Thank uou so much for writing. I have been talking to two women on here and they think because my O was later that I need to base how far along I am on my O day and not my first day of my last period. My O happened on June 14 th on CD 20. So both of the women are saying that they think I'm 4 weeks along instead of 5. So if so, I'm happy with my numbers. I got my BFP on the 28th, did the HCG bloodwork and it was 382 on result and 384 on the other. So I'm sitting good.

At what DPO did you get you BFP? Congrats on #3! That's so exciting!

Thank uou so much for writing. I have been talking to two women on here and they think because my O was later that I need to base how far along I am on my O day and not my first day of my last period. My O happened on June 14 th on CD 20. So both of the women are saying that they think I'm 4 weeks along instead of 5. So if so, I'm happy with my numbers. I got my BFP on the 28th, did the HCG bloodwork and it was 382 on result and 384 on the other. So I'm sitting good.

At what DPO did you get you BFP? Congrats on #3! That's so exciting!

I've got my bfp early at 9dpo :)

I'm also counting my weeks based on my O day versus my LMP. Technically I would be 6 weeks 2 days but I'm thinking more 5 weeks 6 days based on when I believe I o'ed. I'm having a dating scan coming up on July 15th and will hopefully get a proper measurement at that point. I've also had another blood work done last week at 24dpo, I'm anxious to hear the result...

Best of luck to you Hun :flower:

At what DPO did you get you BFP? Congrats on #3! That's so exciting![/QUOTE

I've got my bfp early at 9dpo :)

I'm also counting my weeks based on my O day versus my LMP. Technically I would be 6 weeks 2 days but I'm thinking more 5 weeks 6 days based on when I believe I o'ed. I'm having a dating scan coming up on July 15th and will hopefully get a proper measurement at that point. I've also had another blood work done last week at 24dpo, I'm anxious to hear the result...

Best of luck to you Hun :flower:

Thank you for writing hun, I'm thinking the girls are right on here about me going off my O day, I'm thinking I should tell the prenatal nurse when I see her for the first time on Thursday, I wonder if that would help.

Congrats on your little bundle too! We are pretty close in timing it looks like. What symptoms have you had? I haven't gotten sick, been more tired and crampy more than anything. Though there are times I feel a little nauseous.

Quick question, if the line has gotten darker does that mean my body has produced more HCG? It's gotten A LOT darker in the6 days I have still tested. It's really dark today. Didn't do one yesterday, but even the comparison to July 2 is quite a bit. Here in the pic is my first test, a test on the day I got my positive blood test, and today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 6
And here is the one from July 2nd and July 4th

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 4
The darker the line, the more hcg honey xx I would suggest to stop testing though :haha: I know it's hard but especially with IC's they all have a different amount of dye and depending on urine concentration and all, you could end up with a lighter line and you will just stress yourself out xx Your hcg is rising wonderfully xxx
Also, definitely go by O dates, as it's far more accurate, especially with long/ irregular cycles like yours. That way it wont cause you unnecessary stress at your first scan ❤️Congrats sweetie

The darker the line, the more hcg honey xx I would suggest to stop testing though :haha: I know it's hard but especially with IC's they all have a different amount of dye and depending on urine concentration and all, you could end up with a lighter line and you will just stress yourself out xx Your hcg is rising wonderfully xxx
Also, definitely go by O dates, as it's far more accurate, especially with long/ irregular cycles like yours. That way it wont cause you unnecessary stress at your first scan ❤️Congrats sweetie

Thank you so much hun. Now that I see it that dark I will stop, I was seeing if it was going to get any darker. Just in 2 days it really went up. I hope the next level they do will bring better/higher numbers. The last test I had was on June 30th and my number was 382-384 so I hope for awesome numbers if the prenatal nurse orders another level on July 7th. Here's hoping, FX!

Your progression looks fantastic! Good luck with your next set of HCG numbers, I'm sure they'll be great xxxxxxx :happydance:

Things are looking good! Congratulations on the pregnancy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->