my mom really pissed me off!!!!

sandrass

Beautiful daughter Alessa
Reaction score
I told her I am going on maternity leave april 20... a month before my due date. My work wants 4 weeks notice.

Of course she says "you should wait as long as possible"

ugh!!! Why does she always have to have something to say!!!!

Then I tell her that they need 4 weeks notice so its not like I can just leave last minute and she goes "sometimes that is what you have to do!"

F*ck off!!!!!!!!

Sorry if this sounds ridiculous but Im so sick of her!

Oh I almost forgot to mention she also seems to think it is more important that she is in my ultrasound room and delivery room than my husband!

And she is a drug addicted alcoholic that made my teenage years hell when I needed to work full time AND focus on school to keep our electricity on!

And she is a major snoop so will find a way to see this thread so I will need to delete it later! ugh!!!

im so sorry just so stressed

I understand you being upset with your mom putting her 2 cents in.... BUT - Seriously? Your work can't expect you to give 4 weeks notice when having a baby. They can ask you to TRY.... but what if you go into labor early or something? Then what?

How much time are you taking off after baby is born? If your time off after birth is not affected by what you take off before - then I would say go for it! Take off early.... BUT if you only have a limited number of days to use - I would save as many as you can for afterwards! Course - you probably already thought of that...

Your mom is just trying to help you out and give you good advice. Don't be too hard on her. She loves you.

Okay - just read part two of your post. Not sure what to say now.... but regardless of her lifestyle choices, bad decisions, and overall horrid-ness - she still WANTS what's best for you! Even if she hasn't always acted that way.

Just hard for me to accept her advice now, when she has screwed me over so much in the past. I have no real family..my grandparents ARE my family.

Anyway...I get a year off total. So if I take it a month early..then I go back when my baby is 11 months old. Im ok with that. My work can be dangerous, and it is demanding so I want some time to rest when I am huge! LOL.

That makes sense hon. You know what your own work situation is and if its dangerous to do your job when you are big then leaving a month early might be ideal.

i would stop then if it was financially viable. i have 2 give abt 3months notice in my job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->