My parenting journal through life and adoption!

tag74

S, L, M & E's Mom
Reaction score
:hi:

I am the mom to two daughter's, S (16) and L (3) and little Max who I lost to Trisomy 18 in my second trimester.

Just before I was pregnant with Max, my DH and I started to look into adoption and then I got an unexpected BFP after trying for over a year. Sadly I lost my little boy to T18 at just about 5 months pregnant.

Well, we have resumed our adoption journey...and we have signed up with a great agency and are gearing up to have our home study begin in just a couple of weeks.

We are very excited! We gathered about 20 photos for our portfolio and we have started to write our biography and getting the house in order.

Thank you for stopping by here...the last few weeks have brought our spirit down since losing Max...but we know we have his little spirit following us through this process. :kiss:

Next step: waiting from the adoption agency on "setting up your profile" instructions!

yayyyyyy!

Yay am I your first follower?! I'm honored!!! :)<3

I'm here! <3 xo

Thanks guys for coming!

So Lemon, to answer your question about photos, they don't want many (like 1 or 2) of the girls, mostly close up pics and lifestyle pics of us. And then a few of extended family, a few of our house and yard too.

Then the home study makes sure your pets are vaccinated, that we have fire detectors etc. It's kind of amazing given the many homes out there...that are really not kid friendly. But I completely get it.

I have no regrets getting this process started...I'm just still exhausted and sad but it's a good distraction. I'm hoping I can get my happy self back a little bit in this journal you know?

Following! God may have needed little max sooner than we'd like, but I bet he has someone really special lined up for you to love and raise! Good luck with everything!

Here!! Can't wait to follow your journey while you find your sweet angel!! <3

Im here and ready to join in on some healing and some good news <3 how exciting your sweet family is beginning a new journey together. How are you and DH?

Following :)
My long-term plan is to have a couple of my own children, and then adopt one or two, so I'm going to be stalking your journey big time.

That's quite a challenge, distilling your life into 20 or so photographs. And I'm sure you'll pass the home inspection with flying colors. :thumbup: Will you need to write some things up about yourselves to go along with the pictures?

My DH hates being in pictures so we don't really have many of the two of us. I was talking to DH about adoption profile books a bit last week, actually, and said how we should start to plan ahead and take more pictures of the two of us when we go out or go on vacation so we will have them when we are ready. He seemed on board, which was nice. :shrug:

I hope this process helps bring you back to yourself, too. Hugs. <3

Here!

My sister is adopted. They adopted her when I was 12 and she was 18 days old. It was the best thing my parents ever did! A gift for everyone involved.

I'm excited to follow this journey with you!

Here. So glad for this fresh start for you.

So today I got a ton done. Really trying to organize the house and managed to move ALL of L's toys and gave her play room a complete make over with storage bins, cute artwork and a dress up thingy. :haha: It has a cute mirror on the side and you hang up dress up clothes in etc. I'll take photos tomorrow.

Today we got more instructions. The next 6 weeks will be filled with homework and writing checks. :wacko:

We moved our first meeting to May 13th. I'll fill you guys in on how it goes.

I just received an email on how to complete our profile so I plan on working on that over the next four days or so.

As for DH and I, my mom has been here all week and that has been very helpful. She's an amazing cook and has been spending time with L, cooking and organizing closets. I ain't complaining. :rofl:

I have my little Max angel in my garden and every morning i do have my little ritual and say good morning to him...as his memorial is in our bedroom. Until I understand the privacy of this journal, I may straddle my Max journal and this one. Just in case you see both of them going.

Thanks guys for all the support. I really really appreciate you all. xoxoxoxo

I'm here! Following you wherever life takes you. There is one lucky baby out there waiting to become part of such a loving family. So happy to see you're going through with adoption. I hope it goes smoothly and quickly. You're so deserving <3

Happy about your new journey. I'll be following along, too!

Thinking of you as you piece together your profile :hugs:

Love your morning ritual <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"