My parenting journal through life and adoption!

Looking forward to ur adoption journey, such an amazing gift to give!

Happy early Mother's Day!

So we received the home study packet and it is a bit overwhelming but of course I finished it. :haha:

For all you future adoptees:
I'm not joking you have to provide proof of medical and life insurance coverage, list out what you spend on entertainment, provide all your savings and checking out statements, marriage certificates, birth certificates, divorce decrees :rofl:, income statements, paystubs, doctor's notes that you're healthy and not crazy, references, tax returns, proof our indoor cats are vaccinated and an autobiography of yourselves amongst other things. Say what?

But drug addicted mothers are having babies every day and some are even being reunited with their kids. :nope:

But anyway, trying to stay positive. We also had to provide about 50 photos of us, us individually, the kids, our extended family, our home, our pets etc. So LEMON, you're super smart to start taking photos now as we do take lots of photos and it was very hard to find decent ones of us together. :wacko:

I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Our contract is for 2 years and if we aren't selected, we lose all the money we have invested...which is costly. I'm happy to PM anyone who is considering private adoption to let them know what is expected.

Today is my niece's first communion. I'm finally getting out of the house but a little nervous and sad as my extended cousin will be there and we shared the same due date. I feel like all eyes will be on us...but I know its just in my head.

Anyone have fun plans for mother's day? I think we are going to just chill out and then grab dinner. My mom is here visiting and my step dad will join us and is driving my grandmother in from Connecticut. i can't wait to see her! She's 91 and still young at heart. This is an incredible story of her: When she was pregnant with her first, they were twins. My grandfather was a merchant marine and out at sea. The twin boys came early and only lived 4 or 5 days (today they could have been saved)- but the military brought my grandfather back from the war to see them and say goodbye. While he was home, his ship was struck and many died. Isn't that crazy? Their loss actually saved his life and all the rest of us to come. I know she knows how I'm feeling and she never talked about it much over the years. I can't wait to hug her!

<3 Talk to you soon!

Following! I read your max journal as well and I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your adoption journal and journey is short and soon you get to celebrate a new family member.

Wow that's ALOT of paper work! I understand why they ask for all that, but it's sad it's so hard for kids to get adopted. Friends of ours were able to adopt 2 little girls after the suffered a late second tri loss. They started with China, but it took so long they gave up and adopted locally. As soon as they got a baby girl from a teenage mom locally, they got a call from China that they had a little girl for them, so they got 2 babies :)

Following! I read your max journal as well and I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your adoption journal and journey is short and soon you get to celebrate a new family member.

Thank you! And thank you for following! :)

Wow that's ALOT of paper work! I understand why they ask for all that, but it's sad it's so hard for kids to get adopted. Friends of ours were able to adopt 2 little girls after the suffered a late second tri loss. They started with China, but it took so long they gave up and adopted locally. As soon as they got a baby girl from a teenage mom locally, they got a call from China that they had a little girl for them, so they got 2 babies :)

WOW! That's amazing.

How are you feeling friend?

Today was really hard. :nope:

I attended my niece's communion and yes, my cousin due the same day was there and was kind. And believe it or not, it was fine and not awkward.

BUT... the communion was a joint one...my niece and her cousin on the other side of the family. My SIL (we will call her KU) and her SIL (KR) who was throwing it are both nurses. KU is truly my best friend. I got there early as I was helping with the slide show. KR is a nurse at the hospital where I had Max. KR already got into an argument with KU for not telling her when I was going in so she could "arrange my medical team".

DH and I really just wanted to do this ourselves. There were no malicious intents in "leaving people out of our business" or anything. It was quite literally the HARDEST day of my life. The medical staff was very kind and I was completely unconsolable. So much so I think they put me under sooner than they normally would because my anxiety was so high. Since losing Max, I haven't received a call, text, email, card or anything from KR and that's fine. I don't fault anyone for that. BUT...the first words out of her mouth when she saw me was, Hey, I was little surprised that you wouldn't tell me when you were going into the hospital? Not I'm sorry... etc. and her tone was very unsympathetic...she clearly had her panties in a bunch. I just began to cry...everything I didn't want to do today. She did say I'm sorry for making you cry...I just said KR, please don't take this personally, that day was really something we had to do ourselves.

We both just avoided each other the rest of the afternoon. She did tell me was "sorry for earlier" right before I left but it still stung all day.

Just venting...my niece on the other hand looked so beautiful. And my L was a complete terror. :haha:

I'm so sorry, but quite frankly I don't see how it's anyone's business. No one deserves to know, that's rude. Aww your little girl sounds like fun.

:hugs: I'm so sorry. Some people can be so insensitive. Xoxo

I guess being a nurse didn't make her empathetic, she should have been more concerned about your feelings and how you were doing than her hurt feelings. I'm sorry, some people have no clue. Xxx

I'm so sorry that happened at the communion. I hope otherwise things went well!

What an amazing story about your grandfather!! How incredibly hard for your grandmother to go through that, but what an amazing thought that her little angels may have literally preserved your entire family!

for a nurse to be so insensitive its actually disgusting. firstly it should not have even been brought up outside a hospital environment as outside the hospital it has nothing to do with her and secondly why make it all about her....its something you went through and your delt with it the way you thought was right at that moment. toss that old sod....
on a much lighter note, so much paperwork!!! how do you actually put your life into 50 odd pictures...hmmm....good luck with that.

I'm sorry that drama came up. I think you handled it well by telling her that that day was something you and your husband needed to work through and handle on your own. <3

Thank you for the heads up on needing those pictures. That is a LOT of pictures. I think DH and I have like 4 pictures of each other together. I read him what you wrote and he was like :shock: Time to get started, I guess.

Huge hugs. Hope this process goes smoothly for you. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->