• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My reading thread.

Pink Flowers

Reaction score
I have been getting back into reading again, so I thought I would make a thread to write about things I have read.

So since middle of September which is when I joined the library I have read:

The Stars' tennis balls - Steve Fry
I loved this book but the end of it confused the hell out of me because I wasn't sure if the hole book had been a twisted dream sort of thing :wacko:

The ascent of Rum Doodle
This is the funniest book I have read in a long time, and I kept LOL'ing at every other page. Would recommend it to any one.

Personally, I blame my Fairy Godmother - Claudia Carroll
This was a perfect romance novel, it had the prince charming and the horrid ex in it. Really believable as well, you feel like you are the women in the story.

The Family Way - Tony Parsons
A really lovely story about 3 sisters who are very close and come through alot when they have their babies.

At the moment I am trying to get into the "gift by Cecilia Ahern" as I have read all the library book I got out last Wednesday so I thought I would give that ago, as I keep opening it reading the first page and then putting it down again.

I've read a couple of Cecelia Ahern books and found them a bit disappointing.

Her story-lines always sound great but I think she lets herself down in the writing of them and I think I've picked up on major plot issues that make the story sound wrong in every book of hers that I have read.

I often wonder if I would have liked them more if she had sold the idea to a different author to write.

The ascent of Rum Doodle sounds really good.

I read 40 pages of the gift and put it back down and went back to the library. So now I am reading a book caller Jpod its very geeky and about computers and the people who work in an office. But it has a really funny plot to it. So far the man has had to bury a man his mum killed by mistake, he found his dad kissing an old school friend. And then you get the general office banter as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->