My scientific cooking experiment worked

summer rain

Mum of 5
Reaction score
I am well known for my wacky experimentation with various cooking and baby equipment; last year when we were waiting for our new cooker I found out the rice cooker function on my slow cooker could be used with the lid open to make stir fries and other quick food. Two days ago dh bought some gluten and dairy free chocolate puddings (as I cannot have dairy due to BF my baby who is allergic to it), that you are meant to steam in a microwave or a steamer; I do have a steamer (again in my multi function slow cooker lol) but the tray is too shallow and it wouldn't fit, then my NUK steam steriliser caught my eye. I know the old model did say you could use it to steam veggies once your baby was bigger; so I decided to do a little experiment. I filled up the shallow tray in the bottom of it with water instead of filling it with only 70ml; which runs it for eight minutes. I thought if I put more water; it should cook for 20 mins as it says on the packaging of the pudding. Then I put the pudding in its packaging as directed in the middle bit of the steriliser and put the lid on. It worked! 20 minutes later I had delicious hot chocolate steamed pudding. :thumbup:

LOL ... there is nothing quite like experimenting with whatever you have in the kitchen :happydance:

Toasted sandwich makers are great for cooking fish fingers btw :winkwink::thumbup:

Brilliant!

@Tattiesmum, how the heck did you first discover about doing fish fingers in the toastie maker? :haha:

The only one I can think of is boiling eggs in the kettle by repeatedly switching it on :rofl:

Brilliant!

@Tattiesmum, how the heck did you first discover about doing fish fingers in the toastie maker? :haha:

The only one I can think of is boiling eggs in the kettle by repeatedly switching it on :rofl:

LOL ... I used to work for a company who made industrial ovens and we were forever getting vast loads of freebies from food companies so that we could test out cooking times etc.

Well once we had literally cases and cases of findus crispy pancakes and the only cooking implement we actually had in the office (as opposed to the test kitchens which were often in use for demos and tests) was a toastie maker - we tried it and it worked brilliantly :shrug: :haha: so we added fish fingers to the menu too :rofl: ... they can actually be used for cooking thin sausages, bacon and fried eggs as well :thumbup::blush:

think i'm gonna have to test the fish finger theory Marie :rofl: Did i reply to your PM btw :dohh: xx

Yeah eggs in a toastie maker are delish!

think i'm gonna have to test the fish finger theory Marie :rofl: Did i reply to your PM btw :dohh: xx

No Hon, but no worries :D It's the pregnancy hormones :haha: HUGE Congratulations :happydance::happydance: and enjoy your fish finger sarnie :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->