My Son just been diagnosed with Autism

julietz

Reaction score
Hi all, you may find this wierd but one of my twins has been diagnosed with autism while the other is fine, think he may have got it from me, i can relate to all the symptoms when i was a child, i didnt even know what it was until i went to see a child psychiatrist, he is being referred to a pediatrician at the childrens hospital, so we can discuss ways to help him deal with it, i havnt got a clue what to expect, but happy i will be able to help him with this, cant stand the thought of him suffering alone like i did, anyone here be able to share some advice if they know about this or have a child with it?

My brother is Autistic.. I can give you as much advice if I can, if you feel up to pm'ing me..
One thing I can say is don't blame yourself.. they say autism isn't genetic..and can't be inherited or "caught" ..Just one of those things in life that happen unfairly..
Sending hugs.

Oh i heard the opposite, that it is passed through genetics, but i also heard that there are to many oppinions online and not to become obsessed with it, so thats why id rather ask someone who has a child with it, id love to hear more, thanks :)

My daughter has autism. She was diagnosed when she was 2 years old. She is now 6, almost 7. She has progressed really well! Come on over to the Special Needs section...there is lots of moms there. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->