My story so far

Abby

Reaction score
Hi, I stumbled on this site by accident and was encouraged by the words of encouragement offered to members etc.

I had my baby girl, Nia, on 13 July 08, gestation 23 +6 weeks. She weighed in at 650grams and so far, she is proving to be a little fighter. She has had respiratory problems that are settling, anaemia, PDA, overcome group B strep, and today, we got the shattering news that she has a fungal infection (candida) in her blood. A scan is yet to be performed to determine the extent of the infection.

My baby is very ill with the infection and the doctors are very concerned. The doctors at present are unaware of the outcome, however, they seem very concerned with the possible long term effects of this yeast infection ie mental ******ation. (if she survives) . I just want my baby to live as I love her so much already . We hope that she responds to the treatment. Naturally, we are very worried but we leave everything in the hands of God.

I thought I'd share this with you as i need an outlet before I go mad. I will keep you all posted. please keep your fingers crossed for me.

thanks

Abby

London, UK

Oh darling, I will pray that you little girl comes through this xxxx

I hope all works out for your little princess- im sure shes a fighter..! x

First Congrats on the birth on your miracle. I know all to well how your feeling right now. Just try to think positive and be there for your little one. I strongly believe they know when you are there. My son had three scares of being septic, and I cried A LOT, and prayed A LOT. When Noah was born he was 1 lb 15 oz, and his lowest was 1lb 10oz, many times we thought we were going to loose him, Thankfully we didnt and he is home and doing well. I will pray for your little Nia. If you ever need anyone to talk to please PM me :hugs:

Hi Abby,

I can understand exactly how you must be feeling. Our little baby Charlotte was born at 24 weeks in Portsmouth hospital last july and 1 week after her birth she was diagnosed with the same Candida fungal infection in her blood and her brain. We were devastated too. It sure is a long journey with these little ones with many ups and downs.

Charlotte was put on a 6 week course of antiobiotics and she is still here to tell the tale! Charlotte beat the infection. Charlotte was left with fungal spores / lesions in her brain as a result of the infection. We were so terrified at the time as doctors said the same to us about worries for the future.

Anyway, Abby, I want to tell you its not the end of the world. Charlotte is now a very happy and content 1 year old. At present, there are no signs of a serious movement issue like cerebral palsy, and the doctors are very happy with her. She is alert and she communicates well.

Please take a look at the website we set up for her www.charlottelow.com

It tells her story from the beginning and although right now you are rightly devastated and worried, I wanted to tell you not to give up hope.

If you need anything at all then just let me know.

Best wishes
Samantha, Alasdair & Charlotte
xx

Thinking of you and your family

xxx

Just to say thank you for all your words of encouragement. You are all so kind.

Thinking and praying for your little one. I haven't had a preemie, but I WAS a preemie myself. Born nearly 3 months early so I have a special place in my heart for little preemies. I almost died multiple times and that was 36 years ago. I am happy to report that I made it through it all with no long term effects. I pray for the same for your little one. xx

Good luck abby, thinking of you all, My son was born at 28 weeks and had a septic infection too but pulled through..xx

:hug::hugs:Hope your little fighter comes home soon!!!

Big big hugs, you'll be in my prayers. Be strong xxxx:hugs::hugs:

Big hugs to you and your precious little girl :hugs:

I am a mum to preemies, so I know how devastating it is to have to see your little one fighting so hard. My little girl born at 25 weeks just celebrated her second birthday yesterday and is perfect, beautiful, and really intelligent with no signs of any damage from being so early.

As hard as it is right now, your little girl is stronger than she looks and she can get through it. :hugs: I wish you all the best, and I hope you get to have your miracle home with you soon.

How is your little girl doing? I keep checking the thread to see if there are any updates. Thinking of you both :hug:

Aww babe i promise i will be thinking about you and praying for you...please look after yourself xx

Aww, sweetie... I am sure she'll be fine.. Just look at what she's fought through already. You have yourself a proper little miracle..and a stubborn one at that. She's lucky to have parent's who are as strong as you are. Keep your head up, hun..

All my thoughts are with you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"