Name Help!

Mrs. JJ

Mommy
Reaction score
So we've got a few name threads going here and it got me thinking...

I know I'm not even TTC yet but I love names and planning and I'm having a hard time with boy names. This is odd cause I'm hoping for a boy first but boy names just aren't pretty like girls names! :rofl:

So here's my conundrum:

I want to honor my uncle that has past by using his name as a middle name. His name was Thomas, now that's a perfectly good middle name but here's where it gets hairy. All the boy names I love are 2 syllables or they end in S (or both)... I don't know why that is. Also, our last name is 2 syllables and ends in an S... how did this happen?? :hissy:

I love the name Chase but Chase Thomas and our last name sounds awful like your beating your head against a wall while you're saying it. So I love boy names that aren't too traditional and not too popular but nothing works with Thomas and our last name so I'm starting to think I have to chuck the middle name. :cry:

Does anyone have any first name suggestions or maybe another way to honor my uncle, a name variation or something clever?

Appreciate your suggestions ladies!

:hug:

How about Tom instead of Thomas? 2-1-2 sylables sounds better in my head, obviously depending on the first name. And it'd still be honouring your uncle which I think is a lovely thought. What are the other first names you like?

I've actually been thinking about Tom, for some reason it sounds a little unfinished, ya know what I mean? Then I was thinking Thomson but that's still only 2 syllables.

More names we like are Caden, Gaven, Mason, Marcus, Lucas... I can't seem to get away from 2 syllables!

Okay, here are my thoughts.

#1 - You are a dork. Chase Thomas J____s does not sound stupid at all. In fact, I think it sounds quite nice. Actually... I love it so WHY IS THIS A PROBLEM?!?!?!??! :hissy: :rofl:

#2 - Knowing all about your uncle. I would totally suggest you stick with Thomas. It's just his given name and sticking with that I feel honors him more. :hugs: (I know how important he is to you and I think honoring him like that would be AMAZING!)

So, if you guys have a girl, I would like to suggest the name Sarah Elizabeth... it is SUCH an awesome name! :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sarah Elizabeth, it is very beautiful, how ever did you come up with it? :rofl:

Ok, say Chase Thomas J____s out loud a few times. But every name ends with an S and they're all 2 syllables. I liked it at first and now I can only think of it like this:

Chase *headdesk* Thomas *headdesk* J_____s *headdesk*

:rofl:

#2 - Knowing all about your uncle. I would totally suggest you stick with Thomas. It's just his given name and sticking with that I feel honors him more. :hugs: (I know how important he is to you and I think honoring him like that would be AMAZING!)

BTW - I love you!

Okay, you win. :dohh: When you say the name 3 times fast, it is a bit of a tongue twister.

Are you totally against Thomas Chase J____s? That rolls a LOT better. Also, it goes 2 syllables, 1 syllable, 2 syllables which seems to work a bit better too.

Love you too.

Ya, as much as I love my uncle I don't want a Tom or a Tommy. You know me, I need something less traditional but I do like a traditional middle name like Victoria for a girl. :cloud9:

:devil: Sarah is traditional!!!!! And it is Biblical which I know soooooo matters to you. :muaha:

Okay FINE!!!!!!!... Helping Heathen find a baby name...

As much as I normally dislike this name, I think

Gaven Thomas J____s sounds nice too. :hugs:

:rofl::rofl:

Oh yes, biblical, VERY important. *snicker*

Actually we do like Gaven a lot. And more recently Caden. I think Chase is out the door as much as I love it cause of the S and the end. Maybe if I ever have 2 boys!

Jonathan has 3 syllables. and it is a neat name too .

:rofl::rofl:

Oh yes, biblical, VERY important. *snicker*

Actually we do like Gaven a lot. And more recently Caden. I think Chase is out the door as much as I love it cause of the S and the end. Maybe if I ever have 2 boys!

Gavin is the traditional spelling - on paper I would pronounce that - Gave-in unless that's how you want it pronounced?

Good call on Gavin rather than Gaven. :D Looks better written too.

My OH 's brother is called that, and he is pronounced Gavin, just like kevin.

True, I don't want it pronounced funny but I have this weird aversion to "I"'s. I don't know why but I try to replace it with a Y or an E. I think it's just a fad right now. Like my girl names are Jaelyn or Madelyn. Both are traditionaly spelled with an "I". :rofl: I think I put way too much thought into names!

Jonathan is a nice name. Why aren't there more 3 syllables names? All I can think of is Christopher but a nice long name ends up being a short common name... Jon, Chris, etc. *sigh*

Well I guess you can shorten all long names into short ones.
what about Gabriel, Raphael or something like that?

Mmmm Gabriel is nice and I like the shortened name, Gabe. That's an idea. Thanks Morri!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->