name........

Dizzy321

very proud mammy to 3!
Reaction score
Hi just thought i'd ask your opinions i'm a little confused, probably being stupid, well i have a name that i love for our daughter, i cant think of any more i like, but my friends sister had a baby girl and called her baby this, i dont know her or talk to her but i dnt want my friend to think am copying, OH just thinks am being stupid and i know i am :blush:, and olso my OH told the people at work what we will be calling her and his best mate for years said 'oh your joking!!, thats the name we have wanted for ages if we have a little girl! ' his gf is not even pregnant! i am a bit upset over it
have anyone had this problem? do u think i should stick to the name i love?
xx:hug:

Well, I don't know the name, but I think this: if you love the name, and your spouse/s.o loves the name, then who cares? Afterall, work acquaintences and folks like that fall by the wayside eventually, and I would hate to think you'd change the name you love for someone you won't see after a few years time :)

Yep deffo use the name! If they want to then call their daughter when they have a baby that then that is up to them!
You got in their first! hehe! x

Yeh id use it still!! You like it thats all that matters

I think you should use the name...you can always mention it to your friend as something you are thinking of and you will probably find she doesn't find it odd at all.

if you didn't want to have the same name as anyone, we'd all be constantly stumped... it's always gonna be something that has some meaning to you.
i know a few of the names i love are from movies or tv shows, etc..
it's normal for people to have similar names.

gosh - i have a friend with a son named AIDAN, one with a son JAYDEN, KAIDEN, BRAYDEN, HAYDEN...

they aren't the same, they just ALL rhyme!! lol.

similarities.

i'd stick with the name you and your OH love! :)

Definitely still use it. If anyone thinks your copying they will forget about it soon enough and your daughter will have the name you love for life. Stuff the work mate you got there first!

Growing up, I went to school with 4 Jennifers. I know about 25 Davids. Etc, etc. There are always going to be names that are common. Doesn't make them any less important or any less yours. Stick with what you love.

Use the name you love hun. Forget about other people

Definitely still use it. If anyone thinks your copying they will forget about it soon enough and your daughter will have the name you love for life. Stuff the work mate you got there first!

thank u for this, i just need someone to tell me it like this, its exactally what i was thinking :) x

i had the same prob hun, i love leilah and my cousin wanted to call her little one lola, well after a month or so of being bothered i thought stuff her, its my name i love it, if u like lola when uve had ur girl then still use it!

go for it hun, we have the same name, im not complaining :p

Id use the name hun, the chances are that somewhere along the line you will know someone who has a daughter named the same as yours, and as for your hubbies mate wanting the name first, well theres no law that sgtates people can lay claim to a name making it exclusively theirs!

Stick with what you have your heart set on x

I agree with everyone! Use the name for your little princess. Both you and OH love it so I say go for it.

Ignore other people. People can be hurtful in life, but just ignore them because as someone else said, you may not know them anymore in a few years time but your daughter is here for a lifetime!

:hugs:

Definitely use the name if it's what you have got your heart set on xx

I'd use the name. Your friend may change her mind anyway and then you be pissed you didn't have it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->