naming baby

Noirin

Reaction score
so me and my husband have only talked about this 2 or 3 times as it ends in a big fight, i hate all his names and cant even say, spell or know if they are boy or girls names, he wont even listen to my suggestions!! he got to name our son.......a name i actualy disliked the hole way through my preg but did it for him!! so we always said i would name the next 1 but now no its him that gets to name!! i said ok if its a boy he can name him again but if its a girl i get to name her, he said no cuz he thinks its a girl.....he thought my son was a girl too arggggggg !! any ideas how to deal with such a self centered person that will not compromise at all? xx

Uhmm tell him you're the one pushing the baby out and therefore you get to name this one? I think he sounds like a selfish prick tbh. I would never let that fly.

ive told him that....and alot of other things lol but he just keeps sayin i choose the name bla bla bla im willing to compromise and maybe not go for my favourite name but a name i like that we both agree on, he on the other hand wants a big ugly crapy name that i cant even say :| lol

I am sorry he is being such a selfish so and so! I don't suppose you can be as stubborn as him and just put your foot down and say "NO! We are naming her/him this. Period." I don't see why he should get his own way again when you actually compromised to much last time that you accepted a name you actually hated! Enough is enough I think! :hugs:

wen we fight even if im in the right i end up bein the one upset and sat cryin lol but tbh i realy am gona stand my ground this time, with my son it was ok, i didnt love the name but i knew it and could say it, this time the names he is comin of with are just mad, ok maybe in his country they're comon or normal but here wen the childs own mother cant say the name think its gona cuz problems later in life grrrrrr !! so no ideas? just gots stay firm?

If he isn't open to compromise then I don't see what you can do other than stand firm. Can you maybe find a different form of the names he chose that are maybe a bit more normal and/or easy to pronounce and see if you and he can like any of those?

i tell my husband since I'm the one who fills out the birth certificate I'm the one with the last vote on names....no idea if this is true but it works :)

I agree - you're the one carrying the baby. If anyone should get the final say on the name, it's you!

I had this issue with my husband, we couldn't agree on a boy's name to save our lives. I like different but not crazy different names and he wanted plain names like bill, joe, jack. We found out we're having a girl and we actually do agree on several girl names so now we just have to pick one.

Since he picked the last I think you should pick this one. Tell him to write a list and you write a list and you each HAVE to pick 2 names you like from each others lists. See what happens....... maybe he'll actually like one of your names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->