Naming the Baby??

I lost my baby at about 10 weeks, although she stopped growing at 8w6d. SHe had a heartbeat that I was lucky enough to see 4 times before it stopped. DH actually suggested that we name the baby, and at first I said no. I don't know why, maybe because it made it more real, and I was already so upset. I warmed up to the idea. When we found out through genetic testing that the baby was a girl, DH named her Angel (very appropriate). So now we have Angel Marie looking down on us and are praying for a sibling for her that we will get to hold someday (soon I hope!)
It is a very personal decision, go with your heart.

ps. My mom had an ectopic pregnancy when I was about 1 - named Joseph Ryan, my other brother

Thank you for starting this thread, this is something that I have also been thinking about. I do not think it is silly at all to name our much loved, much wanted babies.

We didn't give our baby a nickname and I don't think it'd feel right to do it now, for us, but as soon as I get my next BFP I'm going to give that baby a nickname, because I think it'd really help with the mourning process, if the worst was to happen again.

It's a very personal decision, but I say go with what feels right for you and your OH. You're friends haven't been through this, so I'd take their opinion with a pinch of salt.

we never named ours, but have since both found ourselves referring back to it (the time and the baby) as Lani which means heaven , neither of us can bring ourselves to use the word miscarriage

I think it's a very personal decision but one that has helped me greatly. I chose a sex and named our baby girl following a mmc at 12+1. I can now talk about her to people and she has an identity. We also bought a tree that blossoms in early spring so we can watch it grow.
I hope whatever you choose to do helps you to deal with your loss.xx

I planted a flower garden with a beautiful garden stake in it that is a poem from Hadlee to us.. It is basically saying please stop crying for me I am in a better place no hurt no pain just love so please dont cry for me. It is a much longer poem but its in there and solar lights that are dragon flies and I call it Hadlees garden. I love it :cloud9: Also Hadlee means Heather Meadows so it is a perfect fit :cloud9:

Absolutely! Do what feels right to you!
I had an early miscarriage and my DH coped with it better than I did. I for some reason feel it was a boy and have since named him Malaki. For me it just helps...
xoxoxo to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->