Napro Technology

You know, I had more fertile CM this cycle than ever before. Maybe it was the D-vitamin that did it. Are you on D-vitamin too?
As for B6 vitamin you have to take at least 50-100 (mg) for it to help. I was put on 100 (mg) when I first started in NaPRo 2 years ago but then I stopped and stopped taking it... And besides I always had enough CM.

Have a good weekend, I am going on a trip to Germany tomorrow.
Byee
Amber

I think that I should try taking some vitamin D because I dont seem to have much CM at all. Do you think i should wait to speak to my doc about it, or just go ahead and start taking it? I do have some vitamin D in my multi-vitamin, but I don't think it's enough- just 6 mcg.

Have a lovely weekend in Germany, Amber! Speak to you when you're back. :)

Hi J and April

I am back from Germany and today is my 3. cycle day so I had to take 3 small Femara pills. That is it! I hope this cycle will be fantastic but I wonder if so few pills will make any real difference.
Well, keep me updated about you too. J I think you can buy som D-vitamin on your own. My doctor did not have me tested for deficiency before putting me on D-vitamin. He just told me to take 2400 IU a day. Which I have been doing now for about a month. And as you know I had more CM than usually and my blood tests came back surprizingly positive and I think that the D-vitamin could have had something to do with that.
Best wishes,
Amber

Hi Girls, :hi:

Hope you're both keeping well.

Sorry I havent been on in a while.

I am going for follicle tracking tomorrow with Dr Philip Dwyer in Kells, I wonder when wil I have to start injecting, I am CD 10. Im sure I'll know more tmrw.

Amber sorry you asked before our ages, I am 32 and DH is 39, We're both office Managers. Sometimes my job can be stressful, but lately I've started to calm down a a little. Kay our teacher told me if I dont have to worrry about it today then dont, so that's my new mantra.

Both myself & DH are on Vitiam D 4 tabs each a day along with 2 Omega 3 each a day, then fertility plus one each, then Im on 4.5mgs of LDN this is my 2nd week on them, still feeling sick but will keep going.

Will log on tmrw evening & keep you posted.

Night Night xx

I hope your ft will go well. You are on D4 and I am on D3 vitamin. Is there a differnce? I have started taking my D3 again. Now I am feeling just fine about it. I hope you will feel better on the LDN soon too. I have not had any side effects except maybe a bit more waking up around 00-03 am.

All the best,
Amber (CD 4)

Hi Amber, I hope you had a good time in Germany. I hope the Femara works for you- I was on it for four cycles and I always had good sized follicles from it. And I hear it has less side effects than Clomid.

April, that's exciting that you're follicle tracking this month! Is the clinic far from where you live? When I did tracking i had so much trouble coming up with excuses to get out of work!

I'm 5dpo today, so starting tomorrow I'll be trying not to dwell on every little twinge, thinking it might be implantation. :)

One thing that came up in my charts is that I may have an infection- I hardly ever have dry days, so my practitioner asked me to get a swab and culture done. If I do have an infection, they'll put me on antibiotics to clear it up. Do you think that its possible that something as small as a minor infection could really be the reason for my infertility? It seems crazy that it might be as simple as that!

Anyway, hope you ladies have a lovely day tomorrow!

I can't really imagine 3 pills will make a difference for me so am rather looking forward to next cycle which will hopefully be with a higher dose.
So why did Femara not work for you... did they give you any reason why that might be?
I seem to have had an infection that made me start spotting from ovulation onwards. O'Dwyer put us on 3 weeks of antibiotics and now the mid-cycle bleeding has stopped. It might have kept a baby from implanting because of the bleeding. So it does seem, I guess, that an infection can be that little thing which just needs to be fixed.
I wish you all the best and hope you are pregnant.
Amber

Amber- unfortunately, the doctors don't know why Femara didn't work for us. Or the IUI either! Every single cycle on Femara I produced great follicles and my lining was perfect according to the doc. My DHs SA is above average too, so we've been diagnosed as unexplained infertility. So in a funny way I'm hoping it turns out that I do have an infection- at least that would give us a possible reason for our troubles! Thanks for the positive thoughts! :flower:

:hi: Ladies,

Amber I am also on Vitiam D3, I take 4 tabs a day x

J I wonder why Femara didnt work for you, I hope that if you do have an infection they will be able to treat it for you. I dont have many dry day's either & dont have an infection I was asked to do a swab too but it came back clear.

Well had my first Follicle tracking done yesterday - my left ovary wasnt very clear he said that if there were any follicles on it they would be clearer, however there was a small follicle on my right ovary but very small, Dr O'Dwyer said that it might be because I was only CD11 so he asked me to come back on Friday. I live in Ashbourne Co Meath & work in Dublin so it took me 1 hr 25 mins from Dublin to get to Kell's. I told my boss that I would need to finish at 4 on Mon, Wed & Friday but that I would come in early & work half hour lunches, he didnt seem to mind cos I mentioned the word Doctor so he didnt ask any questions! Thankfully I dont have to leave early on Wednesday. I'd say Dr O'Flaherty will increase my femara to 7 on CD3 if the follicle hasnt grown much. I must contact my teacher Kay to see if I still go ahead & inject!

Hope you're both keeping well.

xx

Hi April, that's good that your boss is being so understanding! Don't worry too much if your follicles are small at this stage- every time I did it, the doctor would look concerned about the size until around CD 14 or 15 when they would look really good. I think CD 11 is still a bit early for big follicles, they only check so early because a few women respond very early to Femara.

I'm still waiting for my test results about the infection...after so many months of being 'unexplained', I just want an answer! But my Napro teacher told me that around 40% of couples they see with infertility come in as unexplained and by six months, all but 5% of them have a diagnosis. So I'm feeling hopeful that we'll figure it out!

April. How many femara pills do you have to take in all and on which days? I was just put on only 3 pills on day 3 and because of that I am afraid that this cycle will be a waste of time.

I have been told that nothing needs to be wrong even if you don't ever have dry days. I continue not to have any dry days althought my infection seemingly has been cured.

I wish you all the best with the follicle.
Amber

:hi:

Amber I take 5 on CD3, I'd say they'll increas them for nxt month!

Going for another tracking this evening hopefully its grown. I am feeling a little low about it to be honest I thought it would happen straight away, but now I think it will take a few months to get the meds right xx

Girls I am going to send you both a private message.

Hope you're both keeping well

xx

sounds interesting...is the charting different to normal BBT and symptom charting?

Dear April

Oh so you did not get much more Femara than me. I hope that your follicle has really grown tonight. Are you abstaining on the fertile days until you get a good cycle or are you just trying every cycle?
Wish you all the best and lots of optimism and hope
Amber

Hi Amber,

Na it didnt grow at all, so the femara didnt work this cycle - I've to phone Galway on Monday Im sure they'll increase the femara, well I hope they will.

I'm not too uspet about it as they couldnt find my left ovary at the last 2 scans but he found it tonight and there are follicles on it but they're just too small. Also I was speaking with my teacher this evening, she said I've to stick to my diet as I am alergic to cow's milk, yeast, & lots of other things, but I love BREAD & CHOCOLATE....I cant have anymore of those now!!

How are you doing? Have you started any meds yet?

Any plans for your weekend? I am taking my nephew & my friends daughter they're both 3 to the cinema in the morning, looking forward to spending time with them.

Have a great weekend xx

Hi girls, sorry I disappeared for a few days. AF arrived and ruined my weekend. :cry: This was a rough month because it's my birthday in two weeks.

But I'm feeling better today. We had a session with our teacher and she told me that I'm not producing enough CM, even though I was taking Robitusson last cycle. I know it sounds odd to be happy to hear that something is wrong, but I've been 'unexplained' for so long that it's just exciting to have a potential reason for everything.

We don't have an appointment with the Napro doc till April 16th, but I went to the store today and got D3, B6 and chasteberry. I hope it helps!

April, I'm sorry to hear about your follicles, I hope they respond better next month!

Did you girls do anything nice the weekend? April, what movie did you see?

J I am sorry to hear about your dissapointment. But yes, it is great that they can find a reason why it was not working so that you know what to try next. I know how you feel about the birthday too. I have my 29th birthday coming up in 2 days and I started out trying at 25. It is tough seeing how the years fly by.
April I am also on Femara but since I don't get any follicle tracking I have no idea what is gong on. I haven't felt anything. How much did you pay for that allergy test?

But somehow I am feeling hopeful:)

I wish you girls all the best and will keep you in my prayers.
A:flower:

Hi Ladies :hi:

I hope you are both well today.

Ah J sorry to hear af came & ruined your weekend, I hope that you get ur cm sorted out soon too. What is Chasteberry for?

Amber, the test cost £100 sterling - I was asked to do it by my teacher, I really need to stick to it!! If you use OPK's that will tell you if you've ovulated or not which is as good as Follicle tracking.

Well I phoned Galway this morning & spoke with Dr O’Flahery who then had a chat with Dr Boyle & she phoned me back, they are going to increase my femara from 5 tabs on CD3 to 12 tabs, yes 12!! Also she is giving me another tablet that they normally give PCOS patience even though I haven’t got PCOS she said it could help as I am over weight. I am delighted with the quick response, Dr O’F is just lovely, she also asked was I sticking to my food print, so I think its time now that I cut out Chocolate for good!!!

Its a beautiful evening here, I cant wait to finish up work today!

Any plans for your evenings? I am going to chill out & catch up on some TV xx

:dust::dust::dust:

Oh J we went to see Gnomeo & Juilette, it was very good, the kiddies enjoyed it.

What Napro Dr will you be seeing J?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back