Napro Technology

I am so happy to finally meet someone with the same treatment as me. I also just recently started in NaPro with Dr. Philip O'dwyer.
I have also just started taking LDN as well as 2400 IU D3-vitamin. Have you had any sidefeects from the D3, because I have been very nauseated and I don't know if it could be these high dose vitamins.?
Anyway, so this month I have my p+7 blood tests and after that I will hopefully start on Famera and Progesterone.

Since I don't live in Ireland I hope it will not be too difficult to even get the famera.
Please let me know about your journey with NaPro. What made you choose this treatment? Did they say anything about what your chances are?
My doctor asked if I would prefer injections or progesterone suppositories. Is it hard injecting yourself?
Amber

Hi Amber,
Lovely to hear from you. Are you doing the treament in Ireland? Is Dr Philip in Kells? I havent noticed any side effects of the the D3 I've was put on 2 tabs back in January, then Dr O'F increased it. I only started LDN on Sunday night, I dont know what kind of effect they have on me yet, normally my head is full of crap, always thinking my brain never stops but last night just before I went to sleep I said to DH, its very quiet, my brain is quiet, so if that's how they're ment to work they are LOL.
I wont be starting Femera till nxt week, so must go to the chemist this week & order them, then I will start my injections. I keep telling myself that is has to be done, I hope that will make it easier.

I was introduced to Napro through a friend of mine, she has a little baby boy after years of trying, she was 4 months on the programme when she got her BFP, so hopefully we wont be much longer. Littlebopeep who started this thread was only 1 month on meds when she got her BFP, so its very positive. Dr O'F was very positive it would work for us, as we had a M/C back in June 07, she feels that we just need a little help.

Keep me posted on your journey & Good Luck xxxxx

Hi ladies,

Sorry to have been away for so long! For the sake of my sanity I'm limiting the amount of time I spend on the forums...I'm trying to keep busy with baking and writing and other hobbies, because I have a real tendency to dwell on the negative when I spend too much time thinking about TTC.

But anyway, we just got the go-ahead to start trying this month! Yay! Our practicioner met with us over Skype the other day and she thinks my chart looks good, so we can try this month while we keep charting and then we'll be meeting with the doctor next month.

One thing that is really interesting is that I think the acupuncture I've been doing is making a difference. I started about six weeks ago and this last cycle my temps were higher and more regular and best of all, my luteal phase was 12 days!! It's never been 12 days since I started charting, it's usually between 9 and 11, so this is great!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello, I hope you're all doing well! April, it was interesting to hear what your doc prescribed- a lot of ladies seem to be put on LDN on Napro, I wonder if the doc will ask me to take it too? I hope it's doing some good for you!

Wow that is so exciting. I can't wait to get the go-ahead. it is hard to imagine that my cycle will ever be that good.
But I just want to say that I wish you all the best. Hope we will have many NaPro-babies here soon:) What treatment are you on? I am on D-vitamin, LDN and will start on femara + progesterone as soon as possible.
Best wishes,
Amber

April
I also had a few miscarriages if you can call it that. They were very very early. And one ectopic. That was also back in 2007. Dr. Philip (We met him in a clinic in Dublin but I think he is usually some place else, he was however, super nice) also sounded positive about our chances...
Best wishes

Hi Amber,

Sorry to hear bout your M/C's xxx :hugs:

Just wondering if you are having any side effects from the LDN?? I have started week 2 Im on 3mgs Im feeling really sick.

xxx

Hi Amber, thanks for the well-wishes. I'm really sorry about your MCs, that must have been awful. :(

It's funny that you say that you wish you had regular cycles...I sometimes just wish I had a diagnosis about what is wrong! I've always had totally regular cycles, DH and I have no medical problems, and still we've never seen two lines on a test. It can be a bit disheartening. But reading your post has reminded me that I need to count my blessings...having a stable chart is a good thing and I need to focus on thinking positively!

I really hope that we'll be seeing some BFPs on here soon. How long does your doc think it will be till you can start trying?

Oh Girls my chart is all over the place this month not one green sticker! I haven't started any of my meds yet only LDN & Vitiam's, I have been feeling really sick Im on CD30 having the usual AF signs - I've spoken to my teacher she said to do a test but BFN so will wait & see what happens. We are meeting our teacher on Friday, I cant wait for AF to arrive so I can start my new meds!

Hope you're all keeping well & that we all get out BFP really soon xx

J,Actually my cycles are very regular but they are short and full of spotting. Anyways they used to be. Then my doctor in IRELAND put me on anti-biotics. And it seems to have helped against all my expectations. Well I still have spotting in the end of the cycle which is a sign of my low progesterone, but it does not start at ovulation already as it did before.
Did you have a laporoscopy? About getting the permission to try... well he did not say directly but he really seemed to expect that the hormones would work so that we should be able to finally try.
April so far I am doing fine on LDN. Am still just in my 3rd week though. As for green stickers. I never had one. I only have white and red days.

I wish you both all the best

Amber

Hi Amber, that's interesting that your doctor put you on antibiotics. My practicitioner tiold us at our last session that she thinks the doctor will probably do the same for me when he sees me next month, because I have a lot of wet discharge that isn't fertile, which is often indicative of an infection. It's nice to hear that it worked so well in your case! I haven't had a laporoscopy, although since we're unexplained, it would be an option if they haven't figured out what the problem is by the summer.

April, I'm sorry to hear the meds are making you feel sick- I was the same when I was on metaformin last year. I just couldn't take it, it made me feel so ill all the time! Wonder if that means I'd be the same on LDN?

Hi Ladies,

Hope you're all keeping well.

We're off to see our practicitioner this evening, I think AF has started, lots of brown/black discharge today sorry TMI...x Hopefully she can tell me why that is. I should be starting famera in the next few days, then my injections when the time is right. Im getting excited now.

I'm off to Germany in the morning to see my little brother & his wife.

Have a fab weekend ladies :hugs: xx

Hi there ,
April, wow I understand that you are getting excited. Me too. Will also be starting on Femara in a few days now. Gosh I hope it works. As for the LDN. If it makes you feel bad then maybe it is a sign that you're too healthy to need it, and that is good. Wow, they just put up the price for LDN too, did you notice?
You know what girls. I just had my peak +7 results today and the progesterone was only 19. Usually it was 28 which indicates that at least there was an ovulation. But 19 ... Do you have any thoughts on that? Am a bit surprized but also just happy that this result came just now when I am sure I will be starting on Femara soon.
I wish you all the best, and have a great trip to Germany. My husband is german.
A:)

PS How old are you girls, and what are you doing?

I am all excited and don't know what to think! It turns out that the lab-results I had today was measured differently than the other times. It was 19 ng/ml which actually is 61 nmol/L which is a GOOD result!
Now I really don't know what to think. I never had such a fine result. I already have end-cycle spotting which just started so the cycle will not be perfect it seems anyways. I can't wait to hear from Dr. Philip. Wonder if the D3 vitamin could have had this sudden effect or if it was my fertility diet which I was on for a part of the cycle (a very difficult diet)
Do you girls have any thoughts, I am really going crazy!
Amber :wacko:

I am all excited and don't know what to think! It turns out that the lab-results I had today was measured differently than the other times. It was 19 ng/ml which actually is 61 nmol/L which is a GOOD result!
Now I really don't know what to think. I never had such a fine result. I already have end-cycle spotting which just started so the cycle will not be perfect it seems anyways. I can't wait to hear from Dr. Philip. Wonder if the D3 vitamin could have had this sudden effect or if it was my fertility diet which I was on for a part of the cycle (a very difficult diet)
Do you girls have any thoughts, I am really going crazy!
Amber :wacko:

Hi Amber,

Wow 61 is fantastic, that's great you must be delighted with yourself :happydance: What fertility diet are you on?

My brother is living just outside Bielfeled, where is your husband from? They are pregnant so I decieded to go over to see them befor the baby is due (aug) as I hope to be pregnant by then LOL..

I will start my fermara on Sunday then I will got to Dr Philip O'Dwyer for folicile tracking on 21st of March, then we'll know if I have to inject then. I also have to get some digital ovulation predictors the ones with the smiley faces.

I am just so excited & feel so positive for us all.

Lots of :dust: to you both xx

I will try log on over the weekend, have a fab weekend ladies xx

Amber, that really is amazing news! I'm so glad that your cycle is sorting itself out! I think that it's very possible that the vitamin is what's making the difference for you. One thing that I read in a fertility book is that most people don't realize how sensitive our bodies are. Being a bit low on a hormone or vitamin can make a big difference to fertility.

Seeing the difference that acupuncture has made in just two months to my cycle, I'm no longer skeptical towards holistic treatments. My cramps have lessened since I started and my luteal phase has increased. It's incredible!

By the way, Amber, I'm 30 (31 next month) and my DH is 29. I do marketing comms (PR) for an energy company out here- I've been in Dubai nearly 6 years, but I'm originally from Calgary, Canada. What about you?

April, I'm so happy to hear that you're ready to start Femara and follicle tracking! That is so exciting!! We're just trying naturally this month so that we can track my cycle for two months without meds. I feel so posative about this too- I'm sure that 2011 will be the year for all of us!! :flower:

I wish I could be as positive as you. I am rather nervous that these surprisingly high progesterone levels in my blood test will make Dr. Philip change his mind about putting me on Femara. My end cycle bleeding has just begun yesterday and I was actually looking forward to starting Femara in about 5 days... But now I have no clue about what will happen. I really just hope that the D-vitamin made the positive change because I do not have the strenght to go on the diet again. It is low clychemic and I was not allowed to eat anything white like rice, potatoes, bread etc.. all meals had to be very stritly measured. It was torture. The diet helps a lot of women get pregnant but ... yeah it was really impossible for me to do it.
April I wish you all the best with the Femara. It is just so exciting that you get to start now. Yeah hopefully you will have conceived your own baby by August.
My husband is from Leipzig (Germany), I am from Denmark and we live in Austria. He is 33 and I will be 29 this month.
It is great that the acupuncture is working so well for you J.
Best wishes,
Amber (Waiting impatiently to hear from Dr. Philip but doctors are entitled to weekends too I guess)

Because of my good blood test result I will just betaking a low dose of Femara in this cycle. 3 pills on day 3 of the cycle. Am waiting for 1st cycle day which must really be around the corner because this cycle has already been longer than usual.

I really hope the femara will help (will be on progesterone after peak too)

Wish you all the best.

Amber

Good luck, Amber! I hope that the Femara works for you! Are they going to be tracking you with ultrasounds to monitor the size of your follicles?

I've finally got a positive OPK today (I'm doing the OPK alongside the CM tracking to see if it lines up) so hopefully I'll ovulate in the next 24 hours or so. Unfortunately I didn't get much CM this month- I've been getting some lubricative CM but no eggwhite CM. So I used some preseed, hoping that will help.

Take care!!

Hi J

I am not going to have ultrasound scans. What is OPK?
Did you hear about B6 vitamin and cough medicine? It is supposed to help make the CM good. I read about some infertile woman who had tried to conceive for 7 years at least. Then she entered NaPro and they put her on B6 and immediately she became pregnant. All she needed was fertile CM.
I wish you all the best for this cycle.
Amber

OPK are Ovulation Prediction Kits. They test for an LH surge in your urine, which peaks 24-36 hours before ovulation. Yes, I've heard of using cough syrup so I've been taking Robitusson all week- I hope it helps! And I think I have B6 in my multiple vitamin, but I'll have to check. It's crazy how many things there are to learn about fertility, aren't there? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->