NCT

jaffacake

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just realised I'm now in this forum! So, can I ask you lovely ladies has anyone done/planning to do NCT course? DH thinks it'll be a waste of time but I'm not so sure. This is a first baby so I'm grateful for any advice?

Thanks
x

We're booked to do then at the start of Feb. It's our first baby too so we thought it would be worth the money. They've been highly recommended to us by friends and are close to our house too.

Can't wait for them! x

We are- starting next week. I am actually quite excited (very sad)!

Ours were bloody great. The information was useful. Especially in you making informed choices and thinking about what you want for both labour and as parents.

We also met a great bunch of couples that we regularly meet up with.

My OH was skeptical too and now goes on about how they have been the best thing we have spent money on.

It probably depends a bit on who you have in your class and the teacher too but I would do them again in a heartbeat.

We did it...I didn't think the classes themselves were that great but the friends I have made through it are brilliant xx

We did nhs classes due to money really and NCt were booked up early. I thought nhs ones were good but my friend did NCt and the plus is that it is really socialble - they all meet up for coffee once a week and really support each other, so she has a ready made set of freinds all with babies that will be same age as hers and live local. I felt i really missed out on that side, as nhs class everyone just kept themselves to themselves and it would be nice to have made some friends. So i'd say NCT if u can afford - if not nhs fine. xxx

Thanks for your comments. I've made my mind up I'm going to book.

x

Ive heard there really good. Especially if you want to BF or have a more natural birth---

We just had our first session last night, it seems very worthwhile so far!

Loved mine, I joined partly to get the info from the classes but also because I was keen to meet some nice mums to be who were due around the same time as me. Has worked out sooooo well...I adore my girls and we support each other all the way :thumbup:

Another recommendation here - in fairness its probably all information you could get on the internet/in books if you were great at researching stuff but the social aspect is invaluable.

Its great to know local ladies all due around the same time and its useful to be able to discuss/chat about different peoples fears and expectancies as well as picking up tips from the other girls and the teacher. The breathing excercises and positions etc are also great as its stuff you SEE or READ about in books but makes so much more sense being SHOWN what to do.

My OH was a skeptic and, whilst the blokes in the class are always going to be slightly more awkward when getting down to the nitty-gritty, he has actually really quite enjoyed them and is learning how to be the best support mechanism for me :)

i did the course, as i'm 18 and a lot of the ladies were in their 30s i was expecting it to be really awkward but everyone was really nice! found the two six hour classes quite hard to get my OH to go to but they weren't tedious at all - got to do so many practical things like bathing/changing nappies/swaddling dolls which was useful, and it's all broken down into small exercises. was surprised at how much i learnt there really.

I Start mine next tuesday and am really exited about it as i am pretty much terrified about giving birth atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->