Nearly 39 weeks and weight loss

lillme

Reaction score
I weighed myself this morning as I have been ill in the evenings for a few days & was wondering if this was affecting anything. Before pregnancy my BMI was 18.4 (very active) & weighed just under 50kg.
I have lost 7lbs in a week the scales are telling me, total weight gain 18/19lbs at most!
My baby is estimated at 7/8lbs & every check up, blood test to date has been perfect. I am still physically fit and active, nesting & take two half hour walks a day when I feel up to it.
I certainly don't deny myself anything, DH calls me a horse & renowned for our eating habits & hunger!!
I want to breastfeed and concerned I don't have enough fat/back up to enable enough milk production.
My DH is concerned in case in affects our LO. I have my next appointment on Tuesday & I am content to wait till then to discuss with my MW.
Movements are as normal as they should be & during daylight hours I feel fine in myself (as I eat some haring typing this!).
Can anyone shed some light, advise if this can happen or should I be ringing my maternity unit?
Thanks for getting this far reading the essay!

I'm the same hun and was in my pervious pregnancies. 50kg in my booking in appointment and I've put on 12lbs so far. I have an active job and i must have a high metabolic rate. I lost all my baby weight and then some very quickly after both previous births and breast fed fine for 11 months with both too. Its also common to loose a bit in the last couple of weeks..no room left for anything! :)
xxx

This happened to me in my last pregnancy towards the end, the midwife noticed I had too many keytones in my urine (they break down fatty acid for energy in your system) it wasn't anything serious she said but encouraged me to eat more food. Are you eating enough? I noticed though as my pregnancy progressed too I just had no room for food, I had to force myself to eat, it's so different this time around lol!

Diz thank you for your response and reassurance. I'm surprised I have as I have no metabolism with my hashimotos & some days lately I am just wiped out! Glad it's not just me and you sound envious to alot of women that are pregnant or not!!

Hopefully it won't be too much longer until your LO is here,and hopefully you will be able to return to feeling normal in the evenings. See what your midwife says when you see her on Tuesday. Xx

Sorey Willow01I just noticed your response. I am eating plenty, like a horse, have about three breakfasts, that's before any other meal! My body doesn't have a chance to get into a ketogenic state (I used to do figure competitions) so nutrition is vital. Maybe I'm just cleaning too much!!

HOney don't worry, while I'm not there yet, my ob said I had lost weight in two weeks, and he says it's a common sign that labour is near. Ever since that I've been feeling twice as hungry as before lol, it's all in my head I'm sure.

Oh Rainstorm I hope you are right & appreciate your reply. I was at my MIL for a big lunch & then came home to nap. My appetite has increased in the last few days then wained. I have felt a little different through my pelvis today, but that's probably wishful thinking too! Hopefully you don't have too long to wait either

I've only put on 7lbs so far and I'm being induced in 8 weeks. I wouldn't worry too much I lost weight at the end of my last pregnancy and only put on 15lbs the whole pregnancy and my DD was fine. However, I did have a bad milk supply but not sure if the two were really linked as DD had latching issues too so that wouldn't have helped my supply.

I wouldn't worry, your baby will literally steal any nutrients she needs from you...I'm not super fit but I'm not huge either, I've always lost weight in my pregnacies but this one has been the worst, I normally atleast start putting on back some of my weight that I lost towards the end of my 2nd trimester but so far I've lost 20/21 lbs and have yet to gain a single lb back and I'm 32 weeks! I'm not expected to make it past 37/38 weeks at the most so unless I gain 20 lbs in the next 4-6 weeks, I'm going to end up lighter than my prepregnancy weight ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->