necklace too big?

pa2k84

Mummy to Lucas Richard
Reaction score
Received my (well Lucas) amber necklace today. Although he is not teething yet tried it on him in the hope of getting him used to it. The trouble is seems a bit big :cry: when on i can bring it up to his mouth. As he is not yet able to grab things not too worried atm but do you think will be dangerous once he does or likely to grow into it? If he wears it from now will he just be so used to it will ignore it?

I know they are *supposed* to be short enough that they can't get them in their mouths but Emma's is a bit on the long side too and she could probably get it in her mouth but she's never once tried to put it in her mouth- and that's over the past 8 months! She did grab it a couple of times and it pulled off just like its supposed to- I was a bit dubious that the screw clasp would come apart so easy but I even managed to have it come off when I was wearing her necklace doubled up as a bracelet so I'm not worried about her getting caught on anything now that I've seen that it really does come apart when under any strain. Most of the time, it's like she has no idea she's wearing it :shrug:

I think if you start using it on him now so when he gets old enough to start trying to put it in his mouth he'll be so used to it he won't even mess with it.

Q's was too big for him when we first got it, it's never bothered him he's been wearing it since he was 3 months old and he has removed it once (we have a magnetic clasp one)

now he's older we don't even bother taking it off at night as i no it will fall off if any strain pulls on it!

Izzys is just about long enough to get in her mouth - but she has only ever put it in there once, most of the time she doesnt even know its there

I just started Jack with an amber necklace this week. 15 months old. I thought he would hate it on. It fits perfectly around his neck and does not know it's there as he can not see it. i started with him late but am lucky that I had no problems with him not wanting it on. Has never pulled on it once

I wouldn't put a longer one on overnight unless it's looped through the top button of LO's sleepsuit, just personal preference. I didn't want her chewing on it or getting her hand caught through it. I know they break under pressure but I didn't want it to break!

i wrap ours around LO ankle and cover it with a sock as hers is also quite long and dont like the idea of having it round neck when she is asleep.

Noah and Ethan wear their's all the time. Ethan never bothered with his but i bought him a new one earlier this year and he bit the beads off so he's back with his old one which is the ame length but he leaves it alone :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->