Need Advice, Honest answers, stories

Mbelliott427

Reaction score
I do not know if this is the right area to post this but my husband and I found out we were pregnant, surprised and unplanned we suddenly become really excited about the thought of our first child. Went in to an apt at which I thought I was 7 weeks. Well she did a TV u/s and all we saw was black empty gestational sac I was measuring around 6 weeks. We were whisked to another room where the OB came in to talk to us, we were told that I have a bicornate uterus and to prepare for a miscarriage, made an apt for one week later with the only dr that was available that next week. Blood work came back with 30000 hcg and 18 progesterone. The dr called me and said it didn't look good. That next week we still saw an empty sac measuring 22mm, the dr we saw this time said he wasn't confortable making a blighted ovum call bc it was not yet 25mm, so back again the next week. Friday came and with the ultrasound we saw a yok sac, I have never been so exciteid to see something else then just a black hole. The dr (which was the 1st one we saw) said things did not look good and they should be seeing something by now. I was measuring 33mm but had grown a yok sac (which made me happy)

My husband told the doc we would be back in two weeks one more time. I am having no signs of a mc at all, has this ever happened to anyone? Do we just have a stubborn little grower? I know that the odds are not in my favor but I am also not willing to let it go esp since there is still growth..

sorry for the long post

The doctor was correct that a blighted ovum shouldn't be diagnosed until the sac reaches 25 mm and is still empty. As you've now seen a yolk sac, it wouldn't properly be classified as a blighted ovum.

I don't know much about a bicornate uterus, but considering the circumstances, it makes me wonder that slow starter or not if the bicornate uterus is making it more difficult to see everything.

I know that a tilted uterus can yield a misdiagnosed miscarriage as, at the early stages, the tilted uterus can make it difficult to get proper measurements and see everything. So I do wonder if the bicornate uterus is making it more difficult for them to see everything.

While I don't have a bicornate uterus, there have been some women misdiagnosed miscarriage because their levels were 50,000+ an were showing an empty sac only to find a baby with a heartbeat a few days to a few weeks later.

My guess is that in two weeks time, you should see some kind of growth.

I wish I could offer more advice or some kind of personal story, but it sounds like your doctor is taking the proper steps before officially diagnosing a miscarriage. I would maybe even ask if a bicornate uterus can make it more difficult to see baby on an ultrasound.

Sorry you're going through this and really hope you get some good news at your next scan :hugs:

sorry I can't really offer any info or advice but just wanted to say I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything works out for you :)

I'd say your dates are messed up or its a miracle baby! My blighted ovum was only a dark hole (I finally gave in at 11 weeks) if your seeing a yolk sac now I would be very excited because something is growing!!

I just wanted to add my 2cents as well. I'd say the presence of a yolk sac should be encouraging! Definitely wait to see what happens with your next scan, it's possible that you just have either a slow grower or your condition is making it difficult to get a good scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->