Need advice on working

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by bexxie, Jun 13, 2007.

1. bexxie

bexxie Well-Known Member

Hi

I am hopeing someone here can give me some impetus on what to do

August the 31st I am all set to go to work at my factory 6-2,2-10 full time hours this I have no problems with.

My problem is I have been away for nearly a year now and it is going to be horrible going back into what i call a sweat shop it is awful! Bitchy and all sorts now normally i can cope with it but having such a large break I have lost my edge with people and i can see it being a nightmare. We have mostly agency people there whicbh management favour as they can kick them out and this means that all the agency try their best to snitch on us full-timers as they get serious browney points! it is work,work,work no talking,looking and bell to bell working,you know we used to have a laugh and get job done but not now. It is hell. I know this as 90% of my mates work there but are night shift or part-time so I wont be with them.

My other choice is to work with Mencap a job I love it will bring exactly the same amount of cash BUT the hours are not consistent as on a rota basis so I woudl do 2 sleep-in's of 2-2 and one day shift of 8-4 and one on call. Now this is no hassle normally but it will not fit in for child care as Dave does weekend work and is hoping to eventually go opposite me working shifts like we did with chloe.

Arrrrgh I dont know what to do.........I guess I am just scared about going back into the factory and being just another under-valued employee a number and thats it.

I feel like selling the house and renting and living on Daves wage but he only brings in 1600 take home pay a month and that is pants when our mortgage is 1000 and renting wouldnt be much cheaper unless in a rough area.

Sorry I am just ranting and needed to get it off my chest

bex

forgot to add I feel sick at thought of leaving my baby

2. Imi

Imi .

Hun this gonna sound snobish so im sorry ...

Cause i (hopefully) goin back to work in september i have an Au-pair arriving on the 25th of this month to make sure the children are settled and we have money coming in at less cost of a childminder.

Is this something you would consider as it would help you with house etc and you wouldn't have to worry about babysitter etc and you would get to do a job you love and the kids will get to know her??

On MSN if u wanna chat

xxx

3. bexxie

bexxie Well-Known Member

hi cheers imi

i dont have space no extra bedroom as would otherwise certainly consider one. but knowing dave he will pick the swedish type lool long blonde hair and big boobs.

i could take babe to work with me for mencap but dont want to do this it being the environment it is it can be very unoredictable.

will i guess have to harden myself up and grin and bear it.
    bex

4. Sinead

Sinead Well-Known Member

Didn't wanna just read and run - I don't know what to suggest though, sorry
    :hugs: :hugs:

Sinead

5. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

Wannabee *snob*@ Imi :rofl:

Sorry Bexxie moi has no clue but I hope you work out whats best for you guys :hugs:

6. Imi

Imi .

Im not a snob and don't pretend to be, i just think it more practical for the kids to be looked after by the same person all the time in there own home, personal choice at the end of the day! plus i want to go back to work and not worry about if im gonna be late picking them up or if they are ill carting them around all over the place.
    Its quite a popular thing to do, i wouldn't have thought of it only my mum had one for my sister and it worked out fantasticly so thought that i would give it a go to, if it doesn't work out then i will explore other avenues.

And bex, i picked ours i have austrian, no blond hair and my basokas are bigger than hers!! lmfao :rofl:

I hope you get sorted hun, i understand why you wouldn't want to take amelia to mencap with you, if anything were to happen you wouldn't forgive yourself.

You don't need to harden up hun, its hard going back to work and leaving behind your babies

xxx

7. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

Touchy lol But I stick by what I say :rofl:

Sounds liek a good plan though if you have room an its cheaper than child minding.

8. Imi

Imi .

Sorry not expressing myself properly lately ....

Just no likey being called a snob when i not :(

xxx

9. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Bex my mum worked for 14 years at a mencap home working 2-3nights sleep in a week, defiantly works out well as you dont need to work as many hours to get the same sort of pay. She normally got a reasonable amount of notice on when her shifts were.

She used to just come home have breakfast, pak us off to school then go to bed till early afternoon.
    Is it possible for you to do similar but put Melie in a nursery in the mornings while you get sleep? Perhaps look into what the childcare posibilities are before dismssing the idea, I certainly think you would get a lot more job satisfaction this way then working as a factory drone.

10. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

I know your not LOL chill ;)

x

Anyway so what if you were haha OH says I'm a snob sometimes!

11. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Here here I second that, def a complete snob that Wobs

12. Caroline

Caroline Proud Mum of 4

I think au pair is quite a good idea or even Cats suggestion, Someone mentioned it to me a couple of years ago, with respect to OH working for me if i got own business. I too had some reservations as u bex:rofl:

Imi u no a snob, my mil is a snob i swear thet modelled hyacinth bucket on her:rofl:

13. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

Aww Imi shouldn't have been offended we were laughing about the other day. Seems practically if you can do it (have the room) & if its cheaper than child care then I'd do it - Would worry me though too.

How you find one Imi?

14. bexxie

bexxie Well-Known Member

Cat

the mencap would be sleep nights so i would go to bed. Problem is Dave is here in week and there are no weekend nurserys so couldnt do that and TBH I wouldnt do it,I would rather rent house and have no job,but no offense to those that have to do it.

I have decided to stick with factory for now and once at school then do what i please,I meant harden up as the factory is sooooo bitchy and i have lost my edge since being away,usually no one dares to come near me lol but i have become a right old softy lately that i cant be arsed with confrontation of any sort and in a factory it is common place. Suppose i will be alright why didnt i marry rich lol. Poor old Dave.

Tel you what Imi I will be your au pair and bring melie with me lol

15. Imi

Imi .

Lol Bex!!
    I registered with a nanny agency and an Au-Pair Agency.

www.Nanny-Agency.com
    www.Au-pairWorld.net

I found my Au-Pair (anna) through Au-pair world, i had 35 applicants over 30 days and many with childcare experiance.
    Narrowed it down till we found one we liked and she liked us.

Im not worried about having her in the house at all really as i know Gav isn't the type to piss around .... i mean she 17 nrly 18 lol!

Gonna be alot easier to get maddie into a routine and work sorted knowing that i never have to worry about a babysitter/Childminder!!!!

xxx