Need help want to start breastfeeding more

dragonfly26

Reaction score
My lo is 5 weeks old. I introduced formula at week 1 and feed her from breast only in the morning and at night, so twice . Now I'm feeling like I want to go all out breastfeeding. Is it possible to do this. How do I work up to this? Even after the two feeds she still acts hungry so I give her formula. When I try to hand express to make sure there is milk that comes out there is a little. I don't have a pump nor can I afford one. Is it to late for me? What can I do to get back at it?

you need to start feed feed feeding!! maybe get an sns system, and rent a pump. I saw there's a woman on here somewhere who successfully relactated, maybe try to get in touch with her and read her story. read up everything you can on relactating as well. you will need to increase your supply dramatically! best wishes :)

1. Offer the breast at EVERY feed, topping off with the minimum amount of formula only if she needs it.

2. Skin-to-skin as much as you can.

3. You can try some Galactogogues: I recommend Motherlove Special Blend, which I use.

4. As a last, LAST resort, Domperidone is a medicine you can order online-it seems to work for most people.

This is going to be a challenge, but definitely doable. Good for you for wanting to do the best thing for your baby. Let us know how it's going!

Thank you guys so much for your info and encouragement, I really appreciate it. Hope I can get going again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->