need help with shoes for a wedding!

divershona

Mummy to Kaya :)
Reaction score
I'm going to a wedding next Saturday so will be 34+3 and another when I'll be 37+3. I've found a dress that will do for both weddings thankfully (DD and I are the only common people in the two weddings hehe) but I'm having serious doubts about shoes, whenever I've been to a wedding before I've always worn heels which hasn't been a problem, but at 34 / 37 weeks there is no way that I can wear stiletto's all day whilst chasing round after a 2.5 year old on top of that!

So i was thinking flats of some sort, or maybe even wedges? I'll need to buy them in store as my feet have gone funny with sizing since becoming pregnant but I'm wondering if you lovely ladies had any suggestions for where to try and possibly some links so I can have an idea of what I'm looking for without having to walk round all the shops to find something!

this is the dress I'm going to be wearing so not sure whether to go with black shoes or one of the colours in the dress.

Attachments

• 5225-a-s.jpg
    5225-a-s.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 16
Lovely dress.

I'm going to a wedding next weekend and have a similar Maxi dress to wear. I'm opting for some nice flip flop style sandals. I'm thinking they'll be comfy and also I won't have to worry if my feet swell given I don't know how much standing around there will be.

the problem that i have with flip flops is that they tend to rub me quite a lot when pregnant and don't support my feet when trying to run after a toddler, so i need something that will stay on my feet better

I'd go with some low wedges and a color in the dress - not black. Maybe blue or gold? Or even pink - alot of colors to go for! :)

I'd go with a metallic flat sandal with comfy soles or maybe a black flat sandal with some embellishments.

Something like these:
https://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=35978&vid=1&pid=654540122

or

https://www.zappos.com/dv-by-dolce-vita-archer-black?zfcTest=fcl:0 (I have these ones in gold and pink and they are very comfortable)

What about nice ballet flats? They are very in nowadays so should be relatively easy to find? They do have some with straps so you can run :haha:

I would wear a kitten heel to protect your back and to eliminate the risk of topping over.

Cute dress!! I'd probably opt for gladiator sandals non-flip flop style. Sam Edelman makes lovely ones that I've found very supportive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->