Need some advice on work.

k8y

Reaction score
Helo Ladies,
Don't know what to do. I work as a nanny to lovely 20 month old twin girls, and have done for the last year. The family have been lovely untill told them I was pregnant. At first they were lovely but have had a few really sick days but still gone to work.... may not have been my usual chirpy self, but still went in. Only had one day off in the last 9 weeks.
Any way.... My problem is that i work really long hours 7 - 6.30 and so have to get up at 6 get ready and drive the 1/2 hour to work thats a killer when your feeling crappy. last week my boss asked me to work an extra day so she could go on a course, i couldnt as had midwife appointment that afternoon, but she seems to have gone all grumpy since then.
I had a really bad sickness weekend, went to work yesterday and struggled through being sick through the day, got into work this morning and felt really bad again after bad night sleep. She said that I was quiet and I told her I felt really bad. After about five minutes I decided that I needed to go home. And she shouted at me and said, i only do what suits me and that I'm not the only woman ever in the world to be pregnant and have to go to work ! and that i should just go home. So I just went. It's not the first comments from her.

I dont know what to do, the traveling is killing me. And she is obviously not happy with me. Should I just give my notice now? Thing is I'm only 9 + 5 weeks. Hubby is happy for me to so what I want ! What would you do. (sorry for going on ! )

Hi k8y - sorry to hear that you're feeling so bad at the moment, hopefully this will pass as time goes on.

I don't really know how to answer your questions as its so very different from working in an office. All I can say is to put your health first and to do what you think is best for yourself.

Do you have a contract agreement? It might be worth checking that out to see what you're entitled to?

I wouldent, hand in your notice (unless you really want to) as an employer they have certain responsibilitys to you and treating you unfaily whilst pregnant is discrimination. xx Hope things get better for you. x

I think I would do what feels best for you as long as you guys could survive without your salary. You need to look after yourself and your bean but I guess money dictates alot of the time!

I don't think there's any excuse for your boss to be acting the way she is though, must be awful:hugs:

I think that the mother is worried / scared about who will look after the girls to be honest. This doesn't excuse her for the way she is acting towards k8y though.

i think thats bad she is being off with you surely having twin 20 months ago she cant of forgotten how bad she was with her pregnancy!!

i've been a nanny before and know how the parents can be sometimes. i would sit down and have it out with her first and if it still can not be resolved would say they may think your not the same girl as you were before but they are not the understanding people you thought they were!

give it a few more weeks (maybe till your 12 week scan) and have a word with them if you feel the atmosphere has changed then i would give my notice in as it still early enough days to get a new job for yourself

Thanks everybody for your advice. Money side of things not really a prob as could live off hubbys wage easily. But i think I would be really bored. I have asked at the nursery where I used to work if they have any temp work but they havent got back to me yet, that would be good as only down the road. I think I wil just go in to work tommorrow and grin and bear it. Try and hold on till chrstmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->