Need some advice!

proudwifey

Reaction score
Okay, tomorrow I will be 5 weeks. My DH does not want anyone to know until 12 weeks, June 13. Last weekend, we went to a party and I didn't drink. Everyone was talking about me when I left, speculating that I was pregnant. They also said that I was "glowing" even though I had just gotten back from a beach vacation for 8 days and I was tan. One friend from the same group of friends that is speculating, came over a few nights ago and claimed that my pizza topping was strange and that it was a weird pregnancy craving. (Is onion on a pizza weird? I always get this!) So, this upcoming weekend, I am going to a friends wedding (destination wedding at an all inclusive resort). My friends are already speculating that I'm pregnant. Please give me some advice on what excuse I could use, what I could say, etc. So far, I'm thinking I will find out the non-alcoholic beer drink and get to the bar first. I'm also thinking of ordering cranberry with pineapple, it looks like a mixed drink.

I think what you said sounds good. Not much you can do but deny deny deny lol My go to is I take anxiety medication (well did before I got pregnant) So I just tell ppl I can't drink with my meds or I will get very ill.

Agh, people are always going to speculate and it's so frustrating! I ended up outright lying to a super nosy coworker that was all but lifting up my shirt to see my belly. I told him I had a back injury and was on pain meds, so I can't drink, and I also can't lift heavy equipment, which is part of my job duties. I did tell my boss right away so I could be removed from lifting things, but my coworkers have been complaining about the extra workload. And conveniently, back injuries can also make you less able to move around, so weight gain can happen.

However, these are just coworkers I'm lying to, I wouldn't feel as comfortable lying to close friends. You can just say you're on a medication where you can't drink and if they press, tell them politely that you don't really want to talk about it.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->