Need some help/advice..

mummie2be

Reaction score
So one thing I didn't receive at my baby shower was a baby monitor.. But now I am trying to figure out if I really need one. I live in a very small 2 bedroom apartment and when I am sleeping LO will be in the room with us and during the day she will be in her room, which makes me wonder, is it really important for me to get one if I will be able to hear her basically all the time ?

Stalking this thread, I'm wondering the same thing! My house is a little bit bigger but her room is very close to ours and she'll be sleeping with us for the first few months anyways.

We have one and habe barely used it. You develop a special radar and wake at the slightest murmur from your lo! Our lo is next door to our room now and we hear her before she is even properly awake.. possibly worth it if you had a big house but not really needes for smaller houses. I have used it a couple of times when shes been asleep in her cot and weve been downstairs but i still hear her if she wakes. I found ours desruptive to sleep as interference from our phone etc caused a high pitch squealing in the middle of the night and every shuffle lo makes is magnified so you get zero sleep! Again its one of those items that some swear by and others think is a waste of money xx

We got one when I was pregnant with DD but never used it. Our house is a 3 bedroom, and all bedrooms are at one end of the house and the lounge at the other and I still heard her in her bassinet in our room from the lounge. Like Clarabell said, you develop a 'radar' where you hear EVERY sound your baby makes. If we lived in a 2 bedroom and bubs was sleeping in our room at night I certainly wouldn't bother. I'm not even going to worry about one this time around.

I would say you'd be just fine without. If your place is small, one level..... And ESP since her room is so close to yours, you will hear her. I have four bedrooms and our nursery is at the opposite end of the hall as our room, and I heard my daughter without the monitor. I only used it when she was napping in her room and I was downstairs. I would say if you don't have a downstairs, there's not a big need

You probably wont need it. We only use ours when in the basement or outside, if we're on the same level as DS we don't bother.

I'm in a 2bd apt as well and I don't plan on using the moniter we have until we move into our house. I don't think you'll need it but if you end up in a situation where you're like "Hey I wish we had a baby moniter right now" then you can go buy one then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->