need some help latching on!

theresarhuebb

x mother of 3 x
Reaction score
so this is the 1st time ive been on the breast feeding bit of the site! i dont get on laptop much due to little mans demands lol anyhoo!

this is my 3rd baby called aiden, i have two daughters 5 and 3, my 2nd daughter i breast fed so youd of thought id be experienced as i fed for 13mnths
thing is she fed every 3-4 hours and was no bother for sleeping!

my lil man how ever is demanding! :) my problem is i cant seem to get him to latch properly! i know how to latch a baby but hes just doesnt seem to latch? anyone else experienced this? and if so how did you acomplish feeding properly!

any help would be most appreciated!
thanks x

Whats he doing when latching?

Have you tried pinching your nipple between forefinger and thumb - makes it easier to get it in a little mouth!

sucking my nipple only ive tried everything, holding his head and putting it in when his mouths wide open but still ends up sucking nipple!

ouchie! :hugs: if it gets really painful you could try using nipple shields til (a) your nipples have healed or (b) your LO's mouth is just a little bit bigger and able to take more in.

Could just be his mouth is tiny :shrug: Has he been checked for tongue tie or anything?

havent tried nipple shields yet, nipples are ok since there tuffened from last time i bf, think ill speak to hv when i ring her about it, also i might pop in to bf support group on friday! thanks girls x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->