Need some opinions

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Everyday now Alex's first bottle is a struggle. He only really takes 3/4ozs.
He'll be 5 months this week, do you think i could start him out on some breakfast/baby rice?

Yeah we were having that problem a couple of weeks ago. I found it very hard to believe she's not hungry when she's just gone 9 hours without a bottle. I got quite worked up about it and tried offering baby rice, but she wouldn't even open her mouth.
The problem just disappeared though.
Are you feeding him in the night? If you are, maybe giving him less will get him taking more first thing.
But of course you can offer some baby rice, see if it makes any difference.

We started giving Sam tastes of food (just a couple of spoonfuls once a day) at 5 months and he loved it - worth a try to see if it makes a difference. Is he still having enough milk the rest of the day? x

Mum2b - same thing with us, goes all night without anything so find it hard to beleive he wouldnt want anything!
We had started cutting the night feeds and same prob, past few days weve been giving them as hes been ill though better now so cutting them again.

The rest of the day is mostly fine, just the morning he wont take much.

Definitely worth a try then... baby rice tastes vile though - the only thing Sam would never eat :lol:

What milk you using?!

With fussy Caitlin we went to hungrier milk to fill her more - only because we knew she would't budge on her milk intake in the end x

Stage 1, not sure worth changing to hungrier milk if its just the one feed thats the prob though?

I'd just leave it how it is then. Maybe babies are like us and don't want a massive old meal when they've literally just got out of bed!

Sorry misread!

First feeds been a problem for me for a lil while now and morning bottles as well ...so yer I would give him his bottle, burp him and give him baby porridge (made with his milk) personally. YAK @ baby rice!

Have you tried letting him have 15-20 minutes of play before offering the bottle? My LO used to feed first things, but now he is so keen to get up and start doing things, he won't have any straight away. I let him have a little play, then he realises that I'm not trying to make him go back to bed and he will happily have a full feed. He is BF so I don't know if it'll help, but might be worth a try if you aren't sure about introducing solids.

We do exactly the same as asacia, Freya won't drink her milk first thing in the morning, she usually has half an hour to an hour of playing then has it. She will still fuss over it and sometimes only has a few oz. Doesn't bother me though as she is back to having full bottles at the next feed and throughout the day.

As long as he is making it up at other feeds and getting enough milk overall then it's ok IMO.

I'm thinking if he doesn't want milk first thing why would he have food?

:)

Have you tried letting him have 15-20 minutes of play before offering the bottle? My LO used to feed first things, but now he is so keen to get up and start doing things, he won't have any straight away. I let him have a little play, then he realises that I'm not trying to make him go back to bed and he will happily have a full feed. He is BF so I don't know if it'll help, but might be worth a try if you aren't sure about introducing solids.

Olivia is just the same, will have a quick 2 minute feed, then plays for about 40 minutes before she has a proper feed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->