Need some serious advice!

Ashersmomma

Reaction score
About 20 minutes ago I was just sitting on the couch looking on Facebook, when all of a sudden I started getting major squigglies in my eyes with a bit of a headache in my left temple(just mild). As soon as the squigglies started to go away, my right hand and forearm went numb! Followed by half of my upper lip. It only lasted about 5 minutes total, but has really freaked me out. I have had migraines with auras before, but no migraine started, just a mild headache behind my eyes now. My blood pressure it pretty normal(125-130/90 now. It did get the 125/105. but I think it's because I was freaking out)
Is this something anyone else has experienced? Should I really worried? I will be calling my doctor in the morning to let them know what's going on, and of course if I start to feel anything odd again I will have DH drive me to the ER.
Thank you!

Didn't want to read and run but I would definitely be worried. I would go in as soon as you can, hope everything is ok xx

I'd be getting checked out for your blood pressure anyway. I have pre-exsiting hypertension and they really don't want it to be 140/90 or higher during pregnancy, so I'm on meds to keep it lower than that.

You need to call your doctor. Not to scare you but that sounds like a mini stroke.

Sounds like migraine hun
Ring the dr to be safe but sounds like migraine my mum suffers with them

Emma

There are migraines that mimic the symptoms of a mini stroke, i had one a year ago and went for an mri which came back clear. Worth ringing the doctor to check x

I had migraines like that when pregnant. Different to the regular aura followed by pounding headache when not pregnant.

Thanks ladies.
Turns out it was a migraine. About 20 minutes after I posted this the squiggles came back and Bam! Worst. Migraine. EVER! I haven't had one in about 9 years, and never one that bad. After about 2 hours of writhing around in bed, bawling, it finally dulled enough to sleep. I'm still feeling some effects this morning(actually almost afternoon now! DH let me sleep in as long as I wanted :) )
I will still mention it to my OB just so they know and can keep an eye on my blood pressure. I did have a few instances of my blood pressure jumping with DS(but of course never in the office! It was always perfect there.)

I get migraines like that...it's awful!! I get tingling in my hand but not my face. I get squiggly things, things look like a fuzzy tv, or I'll get a little blind spot. No fun while driving!

Glad you're okay but sorry for your migraine. That sucks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->