Need to lose the baby weight!!!!

patooti

Pregnant - 2nd Trimester
Reaction score
... I keep using breast feeding as an excuse to eat too much and as a result have basically lost none of the 20 pounds I gained. I really want to lose the weight so I can start trying for LO #2. HELP!!! I was overweight before I got preg so need to lose the 20 and then some. I find it so hard being tired with little one and stressed and just making excuses all the time I can't get motivated.

I hear you and I have far more than 20lbs to lose and my baby is 7months! It's so hard, and I do think I am so much more hungry while breastfeeding! Its a mental
Attitude and I just don't have it at the moment! I lost 3.5 stone on ww so I know I can do it I just need to go back to a meeting an get on it. Have you tried weight watchers? I love it!

I was the same until about 2 and a half weeks ago. (I'm not breast feeding tho) I put on loaads of weight when I was pregnant and I have lost 11lb already in just 2 and a half weeks, I've been using https://www.myfitnesspal.com/ and i've found it really easy. I set my calories at 1200, and then use exercise to earn more if I want more. It was so hard to get up and exercise the first time I did it but after that, I got back into it, I do a zumba exercise video for 30 min I do it first thing in the morning and force my self to do it, now I find it fun. You just need to get the motivation for the first few days then it gets easier.

You can do it if I can do it!! This is me pregnant, the day I started my diet and then now after just 2 and a half weeks.

https://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331/BrunetteBarbiieX/weightloss_zpsf9ab5e69.png

Well done Minnie!!
I'm a bit worried to cut my cals that low while breast feeding I keep having supply trouble as it is so don't want to push it but then I'm sure the junk isn't helping either.

I don't know much about it but would there not be a way to work out how many kcals you need for breastfeeding and then just add that on?
If not at least measureing what you are eating and the amount you need daily could help you to stop overeating?

Hi there, I realised in January that the weight wasn't just going to fall off (I was about 2 and half stone over my pre-preg weight) and this is what I did.

I started dieting and doing zumba in January, and then mid-February I started using myfitnesspal. I also started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred as I decided that I didn't just want to lose the weight but I wanted to get in the best shape of my life! As of last week I was down 19lbs from February and my body has more definition than it did before pregnancy (I just have to lose the rest of the weight so you can see it). Yesterday I started Ripped in 30 and the 30 day squat challenge, and once I have finished them I will show my progress pictures from the beginning of the year. It has been hard but I'm confident that I'm also making changes that I can continue once I have lost all the weight I intend to. I don't believe in fad diets and dodgy supplements, simply increase exercise, decrease calories, make better food choices and drink more water :thumbup: xx

PS. Starting weight was approx. 12stone (168lbs) and I'm 5foot6. When I started using myfitnesspal I was 11stone9lbs (163lbs). After 30DS I was 10stone6 (146lbs). I then had a week off followed by a week of intermittant fasting to make up for it and was 10stone3 (143lbs) before I started RI30 and 30DSC this week.

Wow you guys have inspired me!

I've also just started Zumba and myfitnesspal but have only lost 2 pounds (in about a week or so). I've got another 12 pounds or so to go. I'm going to check out this 30 day shred thing.

OP - set yourself realistic goals, it's very hard losing weight when baby is so young still, but perhaps you can take a daily walk? And definitely use myfitnesspal, it's great!

I think you are expecting too much of your body too soon. You just gave birth not long ago and breastfeeding is a huge change to your body. Eat healthy, get some exercise and accept that not everyone is meant to have the weight "fall off by breastfeeding". I say this as someone who still has 20 lbs to lose. If no change has happened by 6-9 months then maybe see a nutritionist but I wouldn't compromise your baby's milk just for some weight, make sure that you are getting everything that you both need.

I was in the same rut as you! I didn't gain much during pregnancy but put on about 20 pounds AFTER my baby was born. I too used breastfeeding as an excuse to eat more. I have finally gotten my act together. I too am using My Fitness Pal along with Slim Fast. The first week I dropped 6 pounds. I am on week two now.

For breastfeeding, you need at least 1800 calories. So don't go crazy dieting until you wean. Try incorporating some exercise and you will start to feel better. All the best to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->