Need to vent about 10yo's Birthday Party

having#4

Mother of 3
Reaction score
So our DD turned 10 on Friday. We told her she could have 3 friends over on top of our 4. One to sleep over along with her brother and sister, giving us a total of 8 kids to party and 6 to sleep at our place. She didn't want a cake and we found at the bakery these cupcakes, that the bakery shapes into a design. She wanted the monkey. Ok, so when we picked it up on Friday we were extremely disappointed! It was 24 chocolate cupcakes on a cake tray with a plastic monkey face placed on top. SO CHEAP LOOKING and they charged us nearly $50!!!!!! We bought it anyways and went home. DH had to work with his dad so I was left with all 8 kids. I bought plastic plates and cups to reduce the cleanup. When it came time for cupcakes, they all smashed cupcakes into their faces leaving chocolate icing all over my carpet. Then, when they went to the bathroom to clean up, not one of them threw their cupcakes in the garbage but threw them around my bathroom!!! It looked like a chocolate cupcake explosion! I was furious! I kicked them all out to the park so I could clean up and when they got back it was time for the other kids to go and the ones who were staying to settle down, I rented a movie for them and they relaxed easily while I put the babies to bed. I fell asleep putting my 3 yo to bed and DH got home about 5 minutes later to be with the girls. I was so tired after all that cleaning! I didn't want to do anything the rest of the weekend and sure didn't want to get out of bed to go to work this morning! Sorry for ranting but I was so frusterated!!!

:hugs: I wouldn't have been impressed either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->