Needing a friend.

Mummy2b2

Reaction score
I need a friend to help me thru this last stage. I am 37+3days with my second baby. My first i was overdue, induced, waters broke, laboured, baby wudnt come and ended up with section.

Im keen for vbac this time. For a lot of weeks friends have said they dont think ill last full term so now ive hit the last few weeks i do wish i wud start labour naturally. Baby is head down but back to back and its irritating me having to lean over ball or sit on hands and knees when i dont feel it's doing any good at all. I just wanna sit on my recliner sofa. Will sitting on all fours actually help, shud i not worry so much about baby being back to back....?

Just feel irritated.

i have only had one child and he was back to back at the same stage as you were. I tried all you suggested to get him to move but alas no joy. he was 6 days overdue and induced, back to back thorugh labour, finally delivered with help of forceps otherwise we would have needed a section.
Honestly my advice would be just relax, enjoy your reclining sofa, get comfortable and rest. Baby will change position when they are ready. I dont honestly think a back to back position will mean a detriment to labouring naturally, yep it may be more painful, but hell its painful enough anyway, but honestly dont worry about it.

take care x

I have 3 children, all were delivered back to back. With my 1st I tried the recommended positions to get him to turn but nothing worked and labour was fine, so I only tried a couple of times with my 2nd. Again labour was fine and I didn't try anything with my 3rd; her position wasn't confirmed before labour but I figured she'd be back to back but wasn't bothered; I'd rather spend any chance I got to actually sit and relax being as comfortable as possible!

My first was back to back and labor was a nightmare. Didn't help that my dumb OB had no idea until I was 10cm and baby remained at -2 station. By then it has been 26 hrs so he called a csection due to fetal distress. Many friends delivered back to Back. Not easy. Labor pains are in the back! But if u have a good dr it's very possible. If u can get baby to turn that would be even better. Can u ask ur dr the status at next appt? That way u are well prepared

My first baby was back to back and despite my best efforts remained that way. This baby is back to back too. My midwife said that sometimes that's just they way ladies carry, could be the shape of your uterus or something.
I am just trying to be comfortable now, can't be bothered trying to turn baby.

The only effect it had in my previous labour was that I had a very long early labour (5 days of contractions that didn't do anything (except cause pain) because her head wasn't putting pressure on the right place. I did manage to deliver naturally though as she turned when I finally hit active labour. I'm resigned to the same again! Ugh!

Thanku all for your advice. Part of me just wants to relax and enjoy these last 2-3 weeks and as long as baby and me r safe that is all that matters. Just something in me really wants to try a vbac. My first i went thru labour and pushed for 2 hrs and she wasn't coming out so ended up c section. No one ever explained what it was about her position ot y she wudnt come out and i know just coz first baby wudnt come out, doesn't mean second baby wont come out. I just want the best chance at it.

I have a checkup at antenatel at doctors this week but last time i asked her, she said the hospital cud check my notes and advise me closer to the time. She wasnt a huge help. Im not at the hospital again until two days before my due date.

Has anyone gone into labour when the baby isnt causing much pressure down below...? I dont feel much discomfort so im thinking i wont start naturally either again....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->