Negative doctors test after 3 positive HPTs

avabliss

Reaction score
I need some insight, support and somewhere to get this out. I am so confused and upset.

I had a faint + last Thursday night and a BFP on Saturday morning. I went to see my doctor this morning and his urine test came back negative. I came home and did another First Response which came back positive (dark in about 4 seconds).

I am cramping which until today made me feel fine cause it is normal but now I am worried it is the bad kind of cramping.

I have had 8 losses. Some early, some later and a few much later on. I feel confused and heartbroken. Is it possible his test was wrong?

I had my blood taken today and will again on Wednesday - on Friday he will have the results to see if the numbers are doubling.... a procedure I am far too familiar with.

Same thing happened to me in January, doctors told me it was a chemical pregnancy. :(

Doctors tests aren't as sensitive as HPT's i would take your tests with you and show the doc and ask for betas GL

Yeh I was just going to say drs tests aren't as sensitive , the test ur doing can't be wrong hun u wudnt be gtn a bfp unless u was pregnant , I had cramps during early pregnancy as was just fine . Ino its a worrying time tho. Good luck x

docs dont even wait for the result half the time they dip look and bin it..i would have asked to see it :haha:
Im sure your bloods will come bk ok :)

DON'T believe the doctors!!

The first time I fell pregnant I did 5 home preg tests all of which showed a line, I went to doctors to confirm it and find out what I should do next and she told me negative, and I said to her, thats impossible I just had 5 positives, she said okay we will wait a bit longer, she then briefly looked at it and said still negative I am afraid, so I said oh can I see it cos I dont believe that? She looks at it again and ''Oh there is a faint line, your pregnant congrats!''...

She even made me feel like I was being selfish by asking her to confirm the pregnancy because when I first went in there she turned round and said to me '' We don't normally do this at the doctors, you should confirm it yourself at home''!!!!!!

So yeah, answer here is take a clearblue and it will say pregnant or not pregnant, can't go wrong with those ones!

As the other girls have said, take the tests with you and do a digital if you can. I've not been in your position so I can't understand it fully, but I really hope this one sticks for you :hugs:

I had the Dr tell me I wasn't pregnant while I stood in front of her with a Clearblue Digi that said 'Pregnant' on it :/

I was pregnant -_-

Rafe was born 9 months later.

Keeping fingers crossed for you sweetie.

XxX:kiss:

def take a test up there!! Or pee on one of your sticks at the dr. Crazy doctors!

Are with all the other ladies take a test with you, when I was preg with my daughter I did 2 digi then went to doc and all she said was congrats will get you booked in at hospital !! Hubby looked at her and she said sorry mate am not gonna do another test as home tests are 99% accurate .. So good luck :thumbup:

I'm with the other ladies on this, take the hpt to the doctors. That's crazy their's is showing up negative, they must not be as sensitive or something!

Fingers crossed for you!

The hpt's you buy at the drug store are WAY more sensitive than a doctor's urine tests!

If you hpts are getting darker then that is a really good sign. Wait till you hear the results of the blood tests before you start to assume the worst.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->