Negative test result - and yet, still no period... Feeling like less of a woman.

Silvra

Reaction score
I'm a twenty year old young woman who was absolutely convinced I was pregnant until I took a test last night and the results came up negative. My boyfriend and I have been having sex completely unprotected for almost four months now. I was supposed to receive my period on the 11th of this month - and as of right now (the 21st), I still haven't gotten it. I was SO sure I was pregnant. I've been feeling sick and intermittently dizzy and sometimes nauseous, and my breasts have been super tender and sensitive. I was positive I was pregnant. And yet, when I took the test last night, that control line came up and the test line stayed completely blank. Negative test result.

The thing is, I still haven't gotten my period, and this is the second time in the past 6 months that I simply haven't menstruated. I do take medication for sleeping and depression, and I do deal with semi-high levels of stress and anxiety. But this has let me feeling inadequate and almost like less of a woman. Women are supposed to be able to have babies. And yet it turns out I'm not even menstruating? This makes me nervous, and also makes me wonder if I'm even ovulating, or can get pregnant at all. This month has just been a roller coaster of emotions and I was nervous yet so excited at the prospect of having a baby, and now I'm honestly convinced I can't get pregnant.

What woman could have completely unprotected and TTC sex at least 5 times a week for almost four months, and still NOT be knocked up? I just don't know what to think at this point.

You're definitely not less of a woman sweet. It can take 12 months for a healthy couple to get pregnant, so don't feel too disenchanted by it just yet! :hugs:
Even if you time everything just right (including having sex very regularly) then you still only have a 20% chance of getting pregnant every month. I would also recommend having sex every other day instead as this gives your OH's swimmers a chance to build up.
Do you chart or check your CM at all? It might be a case that you have extra long cycles sometimes?
Also as you said, stress can delay O (which would in turn delay your periods) and sometimes AF too.
If you are concerned it might be worth popping to your Doctors and asking them for advice on the matter.
best of luck!

Hard to do, but not stressing is probably the best advice! My first took a year and a half to concieve, and i was a healthy 24 yr old with no previous problems. Sometimes the best thing to do is to try to forget about it - i know its hard, currently TTC number 2, and i have very unpredictable cycles - anything from 28 to 63 days! best thing i did was take OPK test which confirmed i was ovulating - that has put a load off my mind - the rest is up to nature. they are relatively cheap too - im in the uk and get them from Wilkos for under 3 pounds for five, so not a abank breaker.

Best of luck and hope you get your BPF soon! x

Aww sweetheart. Don't feel like any less of a woman. That's exactly right I can take over a year for a healthy couple to conceive. I know it did for me with my DD.

Just a thought check the side effects of your medication, I remember when I was prescribed antidepressants one of the side effects was lighter or no menstration.

Hope you are feeling better soon, bit if it is really stressing you just pop into your doctor for a chat, and they should be able to help you with what's going on.

Im 19, so we're of similiar ages. And me and my boyfriend have been having completley unprotected sex for almost 10 cycles now, with no luck. It doesnt make you any less of a women, it simply means perhaps your timing is off, and its just not the right time for you? :) Do you believe in fate? I don't believe in god, for personal reasons but I try to think positive, and believe everything happens for a reason and when its suppose to..

Perhaps you are pregnant, with your period being so late. Your body might not be producing enough hcg for your pregnancy test to show up positive. If I was you Id go and visit your doctor, and explain the situation. They may ask you to have a blood test to test for pregnancy - some women have to have blood tests to get the accurate result, as home pregnancy tests dont work for them because they dont produce enough hcg.

I wish you the best of luck. Dont get down. Stress isnt good for those trying to concieve. Chin up. :) and keep us posted xxx

Keep your chin up darling! Everyone is right.. the numbers are correct and you have about 1 in 5 or one in 4 chance of getting a :bfp: each month even with a lot of bd'ing so try to relax and enjoy the time with your guy. I know it's sooo hard to do but you are definitely in the right place and NOT less of a woman for it! We are all here to get some support b/c month to month it can be hard when you are anxiously awaiting that bundle of joy :baby: Good luck to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->