Negative urine, positive blood?

Lulabelle85

Reaction score
I found out I was pregnant at 3w6d and have been getting faint lines the last 3 days. Today frer with fmu was super faint, barely there, and I had some cramping on one side so I went to the hospital. The hospital urine test was negative, but my blood HCG was 35. I'm so confused as to whether or not I'm still pregnant, or having a chemical or what. I don't know why my bloods are positive and urine is negative. I'm 4w2d

The hospital urine tests might not detect anything under 50, they should take blood every couple of days to see if the number doubles. hope it turns out ok for you

I had bleeding 2 days after I got my BFP, not too sure how far along I am yet, I had an iud previously and got pregnant on my first cycle and I think I ovulated very late. My urine at the hospital came back negative but my blood was 157 and a scan showed that I really was pregnant, probably only 4 weeks or so. They retested my blood 48 hours later and it was 380.

Try not to worry too much, the hospital tests don't seem to detect very early. Do they have any plans to retest your blood? Your numbers change so rapidly at that point, I'm sure my home test was probably only detecting numbers less than 50 when I got my BFP too.

I'm just worried since my hpt was faint today too. I'm going to call the doctors and ask to get a blood test this week so I can see if it's going up or down x

HCG shows up in your blood first, urine second. On the flip side, it will disappear from urine before it disappears from blood. Fingers crossed this is a sticky bean :hugs:

After I had my miscarriage (which I already knew about from a scan) hospital tests went negative while my hpts were still clearly positive. They are not very sensitive the ones they use in hospitals so I'm not too surprised to hear yours was negative with hcg of 35. You do need to have blood redrawn as that's the only way to know what's going on with your hcg - hpts can give you an idea sometimes but they're not designed to be quantitative so the darkness of the line isn't a reliable indicator. Hope it works out for you. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->