Neighbour put chilli powder on garden - cat deterrent?

... Quote.....Should I go clean the whole of the woodlands up? Fox poo/cat poo/ dog poo and maybe even the bird poo?

No, just your cats poo :thumbup:

Where do you people live? I've never seen a fox in my life :lol:
I have no wildlife where I am. You don't even see many birds. I feel like I might be getting off lucky with five cats next door :winkwink:

Toxoplasmosis is a parasitic disease caused by the protozoan Toxoplasma gondii.
During the first few weeks after exposure, the infection typically causes a mild, flu-like illness or no illness.
Those with weakened immune systems, such as AIDS patients or pregnant women, may become seriously ill, and it can occasionally be fatal. The parasite can cause encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) and neurologic diseases, and can affect the heart, liver, inner ears, and eyes (chorioretinitis). Recent research has also linked toxoplasmosis with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and schizophrenia. Numerous studies found a positive correlation between latent toxoplasmosis and suicidal behavior in humans.

During acute toxoplasmosis, symptoms are often influenza-like: swollen lymph nodes, or muscle aches and pains that last for a month or more. Rarely will a patient with a fully functioning immune system develop severe symptoms following infection. Young children and immunocompromised patients, may develop severe toxoplasmosis.

Cats are the primary source of infection to human hosts.

^^^ This is why I don't appreciate other peoples cats shitting in my vegetable patch. ^^^

If the owner took responsibility and taught their cat to use a litter tray, then I wouldn't have to clean up after them, and risk my childrens health if I miss a bit!

And yes, I am a cat owner, and my cat is litter trained!

You missed off the bit that says raw meat, especially pork, is also a significant source of infection for humans. I believe cats are the primary source to infection to other animals due to ingestion of their faeces and/or raw meat.

I live in Cornwall smack bang in the countryside. Every animal poos in my garden, fox, birds, rabbits, probably badgers and I expect there's cat poo too. Thankfully it's quite large (our garden) and Jacob knows to avoid it. I'm more concerned with the slugs munching on our veggies to be honest but that's a whole different subject!

I am a responsible owner, but some might also say I treat my cat too much like a child and not an animal :shrug: I think maine coons are the dogs of the cat world so I'm just lucky he's well trained. Most cats aren't.

Here are some ideas she could try! The mens wee idea made me LOL though https://gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/threads/safe-ways-to-keep-cats-out-of-your-garden.40052/

Where do you people live? I've never seen a fox in my life :lol:
I have no wildlife where I am. You don't even see many birds. I feel like I might be getting off lucky with five cats next door :winkwink:

I am from London and foxes here are really common, you even see them during the day! :haha:

Every derelict area has been replaced with buildings, poor things have nowhere to hide like they used to, so we see them out and about much more than years ago x

Here are some ideas she could try! The mens wee idea made me LOL though https://gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/threads/safe-ways-to-keep-cats-out-of-your-garden.40052/

Haha, we used the men's wee idea to help deter foxes when we got the chickens. Hubby did not like being made to pee in the garden! :haha:

let me just trudge off to woodlands that have a massive sign saying "MOD do not enter" to get my cats poo :thumbup:

Also can you tell me how I would find my cats poo? will it have a little label to let me know its hers? :lol:

... Quote.....Should I go clean the whole of the woodlands up? Fox poo/cat poo/ dog poo and maybe even the bird poo?

i couldnt help but wonder say if she was to do this.... how would she even find her own cats poo? :wacko::wacko:

I must admit, I don't know any cat owners who take their cat out on a lead. My neighbourhood has lots of cats. They all roam about where they want and are obviously all looked after & happy. I have a 8 month baby, I just don't have the time or inclination to walk my cat out on a lead. However, I would definitely consider myself a responsible and caring pet owner.

I think there is a massive difference between using a deterrent and using something intended to cause lasting harm to an animal such as antifreeze or a brick.

I'm sure most people that would use a deterrent would never dream of harming an animal is this, or any other way.

But its the nature of the deterrent. Water or a sonic thing, even certain plants is one thing but using something which you know if it did get onto the animal/in its eyes and cause damage is something else. What about wild animals too? If birds end up scratching in the soil for worms etc and get it on them? It just smacks of poor judgement and no care that you will harm another living thing and that attitude is worrying.

And pinklightbulb - laughing at someone's animal being hurt by something you did, even if it was in YOUR garden, shocking quite frankly. I'm glad you don't live anywhere near me.

As others have said, if you knock a dog down you have to report it, you don't a cat. Different laws/rules based on the animal.

Really lol?

I would be laughing at the OWNER for having the balls to think I should be paying for the vet bill... not because the cat was injured.

Again... seriously? :dohh:

Let me tell you something, I had to have my dog put to sleep two months ago, because my husband abused him, despite my begging him not to, and even trying to get the dog re-homed, and my dog became aggressive and attacked both me and my son.

I am the last person you want to accuse of being cruel towards animals. I am actually stunned that you could think I would feel that way.

Honestly, this response broke my heart and brought tears to my eyes. I loved my dog dearly and miss him so much that I still cry almost every night. I could never condone animal cruelty, and I never will. I miss my dog so much it hurts and if I could go back in time, I would.

I hope that clears up my response for you.

i couldnt help but wonder say if she was to do this.... how would she even find her own cats poo? :wacko::wacko:

Obviously she wouldn't but if people didn't let their cats out or trained them not to shit everywhere this wouldn't be n issue:wacko::wacko:

Obviously she wouldn't but if people didn't let their cats out or trained them not to shit everywhere this wouldn't be n issue:wacko::wacko:

thats fair enough but How do you even go about training a cat that wanders miles from home where to use the toilet i'm not being rude I'm just wondering if there are methods out there that people use. because you could literally be waiting an entire day for the cat to even want to go to the toilet

you can not keep a cat indoors! :dohh:

Are you not reading my previous posts? My cat will cry to go out, she wont use a litter tray, so No i can not keep my cat indoors. People who have house cats tend to have the "bigger" breeds of cats.

I know some people who have done it. Then again, the cat didn't ever seem to want to go outside so it might depend on the cat.

You can keep a cat indoors. All our old cats were.
If your cat hates it that much, cat proof your own garden with netting or take it for a walk. Or follow it around 24.7 ;)

i had 2 cats a few years ago. If I tried to keep them Inside they would literally take my house apart they got very stressed if they were locked up .so its not an option to keep ALL cats inside even if they are from a rescue centre you arent allowed to rehome them unless you have a garden for them to go into because its what they are used to. when a cat is stressed it will urinate all over your house aswell regardless to whether theres a litter tray down for it or not so its either have your house destroyed or have no cat period?

Why are we having to pay to keep your cats out? Why dont you pay to keep your cat on your own property?

Lol but a cat can destroy my garden and that's ok? But it's not ok when it destroys your house? :dohh:

Anyhow, consider me told! My opinion won't change and yours wont either.

yes you can, but my cat is not the type to sit in a house. The day we bought her home she was trying to get out. I was all for keeping her as a house cat I couldn't.

She got attacked last night, and I said to my OH why can't she just stay in? I never wanted her out. But as I said I can't keep her in.

Oh and people putting chilli powder down, fine what ever. But a week ago my cat came home smelling of some kind of cleaning product... Horrible I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->