Neighbour put chilli powder on garden - cat deterrent?

The thing is these owners are not responsible, they use the excuse that "their cats'

I know I was not posting but if never known wen to just shut up

surely cats poo isnt dangerous if the owner has had them flea'd and wormed. I was told its only the worms and the bacteria from the worms that makes you ill?

oh and my cat dug up my next door neighbours muddy empty flower bed yesterday, OH went round and sorted it out last night... oh dear I am not responsible.

surely cats poo isnt dangerous if the owner has had them flea'd and wormed. I was told its only the worms and the bacteria from the worms that makes you ill?

But how do you know if the owner has bothered to deflea and deworm them?
It seems to me that a lot of owners don't bother with looking after their cats at all!!

But how do you know if the owner has bothered to deflea and deworm them?
It seems to me that a lot of owners don't bother with looking after their cats at all!!

No I was just saying, it "shouldn't" be.

Wow such a lovely tone to your post.

Of course not. The issue here is cat poo which is dangerous to my baby. If a cat came in to my garden and dug my plants up and you came knocking on my door apologetic, I'd feel refreshed. It's ignorant owners who refuse to take responsibilty.

I've said I don't like cats roaming, but I've also said that's my opinion. I'm angry because cats poo in my garden and the owners don't come and clean it.. If they did there would be no problem ;)

Wow such a lovely tone to your post.

Of course not. The issue here is cat poo. If a cat came in to my garden and dug my plants up and you came knocking on my door apologetic, I'd feel refreshed. Again, I'll repeat myself. It's ignorant owners who refuse to take responsibilty.

I've said I don't like cats roaming, but I've also said that's my opinion. I'm angry because cats poo in my garden and the owners don't come and clean it.. If they did there would be no problem ;)

There wasn't any tone? :)

I did also say earlier if I knew where my cat was pooing I would clean it up. pregnant or not :)

Lol I think your missing my point ;) you don't see a dog running loose do you, if you did, you'd look for the owner or call someone. However you don't think twice if you see a cat running down the road without its owner. My point is, cats shouldn't be running riot... They should be treated like every other domestic animal and trained. They have an owner who is responsible for their actions. That is why, IMO, they can't be compared to a wild animal. If your not prepared to look after your animal properly, you shouldn't have one. And letting your pet out loose IMO is irresponsible.

Oh I do agree, I have a very spoilt maine coon puss who is a house cat and is only out on a harness and lead when supervised by us. But my point is that there are other ways that are less harmful to cats and well, any animals.
I'd also be a little worried with my kid getting chilli powder on their hands if it was put in the garden. That stuff stings!

Then your cat should be litter trained do you not think? my dog either poos in my garden or out on a walk where I pick it up. I wouldn't dream of leaving it for some one else to stand in. A cats no different :) especially when they poo in my garden where my daughter will be playing.

I don't pour buckets of the stuff down, its a sprinkling! I don't make my flower beds red with chilli powder, they only need a sniff of it. I'm sure people who own cats know how good their sense of smell is, they don't have to stick their nose in it to smell it.

If my kid sticks their hand in the muck (they wear gloves obviously) there would be so little chilli powder there they wouldn't notice, if it was a lump of cat sh*t on the other hand....

Sorry I just had to sneak that in because I felt I had to defend myself again.

ermm... my cat REFUSES to use a litter tray. She was litter trained, I had the litter box in the house, then outside until a few weeks ago.

You really don't understand cats. They are NOTHING like dogs.

I've lived with two cats. I know them enough to create a fair opinion on them. Other people on here who own cats have happily stated its easy to train a cat. If she won't use a litter tray, perhaps supervised walks should be the way forward? Again, other cat owners on this thread admit the happily do this.

I'm not the one who said I'd use anything harmful. Infact I said in my first post I wouldnt ever harm them.

I'm lucky my cat came to us litter trained, he copied his mum as a kitten.

I think a lot of cats who roam about ARE trained, they just can't be arsed to go home to do their business.

I am not going to follow my cat around for hours on end. As I stated in a post before we live right next to woodland and I am 98% sure she poos in there. Should I go clean the whole of the woodlands up? Fox poo/cat poo/ dog poo and maybe even the bird poo?

Cats are wild animals, you don't own a cat, you feed them. they come to where the food is and where there is a warm bed. I had a cat who moved in with a neighbour because they fed and gave her a bed.

I'm lucky my cat came to us litter trained, he copied his mum as a kitten.

I think a lot of cats who roam about ARE trained, they just can't be arsed to go home to do their business.

Squiggles was litter trained by her mum. She was an in door cat, we had no intentions of her being an out door cat, then she got out once and we have never been able to keep her in since. She "visits" my neighbour, I mean she goes in her house because my neighbours lets her :haha:

We got her spayed and chipped and just had to let her go out as and when :shrug:

She cries to go out, I mean full on crying and will bang the door and window to get out.

I am not going to follow my cat around for hours on end. As I stated in a post before we live right next to woodland and I am 98% sure she poos in there. Should I go clean the whole of the woodlands up? Fox poo/cat poo/ dog poo and maybe even the bird poo?

Cats are wild animals, you don't own a cat, you feed them. they come to where the food is and where there is a warm bed. I had a cat who moved in with a neighbour because they fed and gave her a bed.

I don't think you should follow your cat round 24.7 I dont think your cat should be out unsupervised...

Cats arnt wild animals :dohh: As an owner of an animal, it's your responsibility to clean up after it. if you can't, then you should figure a way around it. Especially if it's harmful to children.

Yeah cats are SO unlike dogs. Dogs tend to want to please their owners. Cats = total opposite :lol: they just don't care. They're incredibly fickle and if they don't want to use their tray there isn't really an awful lot you can do about it. My parents cats are indoor cats too, they're litter trained but still refuse to use them. They much prefer shoes. It's gross.

I don't think you should follow your cat round 24.7 I don think your cat should be out unsupervised...

Cats arnt wild animals :dohh: As an owner of an animal, it's your responsibility to clean up after it. if you can't, then you should figure a way around it. Especially if it's harmful to children.

Yes as an owner I do clean up after her, if I see where she does it.

My child has to avoid other peoples cat poo as well. I have to clean up fox and cat poo from my garden. It isn't my cats. Twice my cat pooed in the neighbours garden. I cleaned it up. then got told off because I was pregnant.

Cant win really.

But dani, You obviously do everything you can to be a responsible owner. Much respect to you. You've already said you take your cats out on a lead. I wish more owners were like you. Then maybe my own property would remain cat poo free like I chose it to be.

But dani, You obviously do everything you can to be a responsible owner. Much respect to you. You've already said you take your cats out on a lead. I wish more owners were like you. Then maybe my own property would remain cat poo free like I chose it to be.

want to see my scars from trying to pick my cat up while she was digging up my garden? as Dani said they are fickle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->