Neighbours night time DIY

youngmamttc

My family is complete
Reaction score
What time is it acceptable to go knock on my neighbours door and ask them to stop hammering. They know we have a young DD as they brought her sweet around on Halloween but their hammering around now and it's quarter past 8 and my DD can't sleep. What time should I leave them till? Don't want to sound like I'm picking at nothing and don't want to get off on the wrong foot as we've only lived here since July xx

As soon as she goes to bed.

If they haven't got kids they probably haven't thought about it.

I probably wouldn't, I'm guessing they don't do DIY and hammering every night and maybe if they work the evenings are the only chance they get? In that case I wouldn't want to have bad feeling between us for the sake of what is likely a one off incident. I would be more inclined to make a joke about it when you see them in the street, maybe oh I'm glad your not doing DIY all the time, lo was awake, that would be enough to make them think about it, without you coming across wrong

Our noise team told me there's not a time limit as such but a bit of common sense should be used. He used DIY as an example, and this is something where they would step in at night

I'd wait til after 9, personally

I probably wouldn't, I'm guessing they don't do DIY and hammering every night and maybe if they work the evenings are the only chance they get? In that case I wouldn't want to have bad feeling between us for the sake of what is likely a one off incident. I would be more inclined to make a joke about it when you see them in the street, maybe oh I'm glad your not doing DIY all the time, lo was awake, that would be enough to make them think about it, without you coming across wrong

I have to agree with this actually, if its a one off I would just leave it tbh, the people who live on top of me have been making noises like really LOUD noises for over a year and I still haven't gone to ask them to keep it down.

I'm just one of those people who just stay quite when it comes to things like this though lol

I left them too it on Monday night as didn't want to be a pain but it went on until 11ish and then tonight again their doing it. I know he works 10-4 and she's a lollypop lady so only is out the house in the morning and home time for a bit. I will feel awful for going round but i only want to go round because I don't know if they'll be at it all week and if they are I can't have them banging until 11 all week. I'd just like to negotiate some sort of reasonable time. I would normally just sit by though but it sounds like serious work their doing. I'm currently biting my tounge though will see how it goes for now but if it starts again tomorrow would it be reasonable to knock and ask them if they'd be kind enough to stop near enough 9? Xx

The pair of them finish at 4, I'd say they have more than enough time to crack on with stuff early evening. I would go round if it's a constant nuisance

Our next door neighbours when they moved in were doing a lot of work on the house for weeks late at night both worked until teatime and started their diy not long after LO's bedtime until 11pm. We just put up with it. We weren't too happy about it but at the end of the day the work probably needs done and it won't go on forever (hopefully lol). If it's keeping your LO awake (mine luckily slept through it) maybe just suggestively ask how long it's going on for as it's a bit disruptive to your LO's sleeping. Sort of say I know these things need done and it's hard finding the time etc it might make them a bit more aware to keep the noise down/hammer really quickly early on then do the quieter stuff later etc :rofl:

I think 8pm is a more then reasonable time to ask them to knock it off!

Some babies go to bed at 6:30! I think 9 is fair. I don't have kids and I really wouldn't even think about worrying about my next door neighbours kids. If someone knocked and asked me to stop diy at say 7 I wouldn't.

I think 9 is a fair time too however if it was just a one off I wouldn't say anything, a complete house renovation every night I would say something though.

Some babies go to bed at 6:30! I think 9 is fair. I don't have kids and I really wouldn't even think about worrying about my next door neighbours kids. If someone knocked and asked me to stop diy at say 7 I wouldn't.

Our neighbours have asked us to stop in the middle of a Saturday afternoon because it was their lo's naptime! Maybe our street is a bit friendlier than most!! :rofl:

I have neighbours who start DIY at 7am and still go on at 8pm.
Honestly i just wish at some points they would be a little more thoughtful.
Its nice to have one day of the week where you aren't woken up by hammering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->