neocate..whos got experience with it?

fingers_cross

Reaction score
my little boy was having symptoms of an intolerance to his formula (SMA Gold) so doc has prescribed him neocate. its day 2 now and im noticing a bit of a change in terms of his mood, he seems a lot happier between feeds but isnt taking as much of it as his old formula. i dont think he minds the taste (heard it tastes awful) as he wolfs it down but he seems to get satisfied a lot quicker. hes been taking about 70mls every 1-1.5 hours during the day and 1 feed at night (so far over those 2 nights hes been on it). his wet nappies are ok and ive notices his wind had decreased a lot but slightly concerned hes going to start to lose weight if he carries on eating so little. do u think its a cause for concern? do u think it might just take him a little time to get used to it?

I wouldnt panic too much yet, ur baby could be catching up on the sleep he has been missing out (that is presuming he has been unsettled since he was born. Our little girl has had problems feeding since birth. Shes almost 6 months now and only been diagnosed with milk intolerance 3 days ago (15 visits to doctor and 1pound weight loss in 2 weeks) since on new milk she is much more settled. Hope it works for your little boy, i know how stressful it can be. It has made me think, this milk tastes awful yet they will drink it, just shows how much their previous 'tasty' milk must have been hurting.

My lo has been on it for a year now. It smells and tastes like potatoes!

There's a formula you can do to guage the amount, roughly, that your baby needs in a 24 hour period. Its 150ml x your babys weight in kg.

I wouldnt expect your baby to consume the same amount on one formula against another so dont worry too much. Sounds like he is satisfied and has wet nappies x

just googled and found this

How to Calculate How Much Baby Formula Is Needed
To determine your baby's daily formula intake range, multiply your baby's weight by two. This is the lower end of how many ounces he needs in a 24 hour period. Then multiply his weight by 2.5. This is the upper range of ounces required.

For example, a 12 pound baby would likely need 24 to 30 ounces in a 24 hour period. To determine how many ounces per bottle, divide those amounts by the number of feedings your baby takes per day. In this example, if your baby is taking 6 bottles in 24 hours, he would need approximately 4 to 5 ounce bottles.

This equation can be used regardless of what type of infant formula you use (cow milk formula, soy based formula, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->