Nervous at 24dpo

LuLu15

Reaction score
So I got a positive and I’ve been crazy testing. On Sunday at 21dpo my control line was very light but now it seems to be getting darker. I’ve had miscarriages in the past and am freaking myself out. I have an appointment on July 3rd for an US and so scared to see nothing. Here are the tests. Top is 21dpo and bottom 24dpo

Attachments

• 3D63BEE8-E1ED-4770-88DA-FB277D0ACC7E.jpg
    3D63BEE8-E1ED-4770-88DA-FB277D0ACC7E.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 5
With my two healthy pregnancies that's what my lines looked like at 5 weeks which is what you are now, I think that looks like perfect progression. Also I had a lot of cramping as part of my symptoms.
What I tend to do is use clearblue digis until they say 3+ weeks and then stop testing..
I understand the fear and I know it won't go away till you're snuggling your baby but maybe try to put away the tests soon and try to enjoy this little bean because they are definitely there 😍

Here’s a better one. Sorry the lighter lines are the control and seem to be getting darker instead of lighter

Attachments

• B7133475-EF3F-4465-9F29-02804CDE1A58.jpg
    B7133475-EF3F-4465-9F29-02804CDE1A58.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 9
The control line is the one on the left, the test line is the one right and it looks like great progression! The control line won't lighten, it's usually just the test line gets darker.

I know it is hard not to worry with a history of mcs but those lines look really good :hugs:

The control line is the one on the left, the test line is the one right and it looks like great progression! The control line won't lighten, it's usually just the test line gets darker.

No it’s opposite. Look at the second photo, you can see on the test it’s self it shows you which is which. The control is on the right and test line on the left.

Oh wow sorry I've only ever seen them the other way around. I've never seen a control line be anything other than really dark

Oh wow sorry I've only ever seen them the other way around. I've never seen a control line be anything other than really dark

No no, that’s ok. I’m just nervous that it got super light on Sunday and then today the control line is just getting darker. Makes me nervous that my hcg is dropping and I’m mc’ing again. 😔

Honestly if I did a test and the control line was that light I'd presume it was faulty �� I wouldn't worry what the control line does, its the test line that counts :)

Honestly if I did a test and the control line was that light I'd presume it was faulty �� I wouldn't worry what the control line does, its the test line that counts :)

Thank you! I’m going to try and not worry and also stop testing and wait for an US.

Oh I see my bad.. But as your hcg reaches such high levels the dye gets stolen by the test line from the control doesn't it so it can be lighter than the test line and that's normal. I know that's not what you're worried about though.

All tests are going to have different levels of dye hun, when the lines are that dark you just can't try and interpret them, it won't tell you anything. You just need to wait for your scan love.. I know it's like impossible though :/

Oh I see my bad.. But as your hcg reaches such high levels the dye gets stolen by the test line from the control doesn't it so it can be lighter than the test line and that's normal. I know that's not what you're worried about though.

All tests are going to have different levels of dye hun, when the lines are that dark you just can't try and interpret them, it won't tell you anything. You just need to wait for your scan love.. I know it's like impossible though :/

Thank you! This seems like the longest 6 days ever but hopefully there will be answers soon. I appreciate it.

I'm thinking could be hook affect? Basically means sometimes your hcg gets so high that it throws off tests and your lines get lighter.

I was skeptical, but it happened to me first pregnancy when I was about 5.5/6 weeks. Tests were getting lighter, so I tried diluting my urine with water and they were back to being as dark as before.

Blood tests also confirmed my hcg was sky high. I definitely wouldn't worry about it, those lines look great :)

I too noticed my FRER would fluctuate, one min my Test line would be so strong it sucked the dye from the C line, next day it would be lighter again etc etc , I think they’re great for watching those lines get darker in the first few days/week, but once you start getting high hcg at 5 weeks onwards the tests just don’t like it! I drove myself mad with worry that i was misscarrying because of my lighter/darker FRER tests, I even kept going back to have bloods done etc

All turned out fine and HCG more than doubling each time, I now have 3 healthy daughters and 32 weeks with my first son. So those tests ment nothing and made me sick with worry! X

Try diluting with a small amount on water in your pee sample see if it could be the hook effect also x

It could be a number of factors. Different amount of dye in the test, different concentration in your pee. It can also be the start of the hook effect where your levels are just so high that the test doesn't register it the same. I wouldn't worry too much if you're not bleeding or having very painful cramps. I know it's impossible to not worry at all but for now, things look great! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->