Nervous Nelly!!

MessyTess2016

Reaction score
I found out on Friday evening that I am expecting again. My husband and I tried for 4 years to have a baby... 3 years ago we got out BFP only to lose it just before the 8 week ultrasound.

We had decided recently (the last year) that we were content with no children as it just didn't seem to be in the cards for us... we were even preventing (not very effectively lol)

Last October I went in for surgery to have a cyst removed from my left ovary and complications cause me to have my entire ovary and tube removed.

Needless to say this news is a big shock! Of course we are happy, but now all I can think about is what happened last time... will it happen again... etc..

This pregnancy feels different, last time i didnt actually feel pregnant at all, this time ( I'm 4wks and 4 days) I have very sore nipples, mild nasuea and im SO TIRED... so hopefully those are all good signs...

Please re assure me!! :blush:

xo

Congratulations! Totally normal to be nervous.. hopefully everything goes smoothly and first Trimester flies by for you!

Congratulations! Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. :hugs:

Congratulations! :D

Just think, this is a new pregnancy & a new baby. It's all completely different so relax, enjoy it because it'll soon go and you'll be holding your beautiful boy or girl! Xx

Congratulations! :D

Just think, this is a new pregnancy & a new baby. It's all completely different so relax, enjoy it because it'll soon go and you'll be holding your beautiful boy or girl! Xx

Thank you! :) Deep breaths and crossed fingers! :)

Congratulations! I know exactly how you feel! I had a mc at 5+3 in June and just found out I'm pregnant again yesterday.... very early!!! I really want to get excited but I'm almost too scared too. I like what emsabub said though... new pregnancy, new baby.

I just wish I could stop googling every symptom or lack of symptom!!! X

Congratulations! I know exactly how you feel! I had a mc at 5+3 in June and just found out I'm pregnant again yesterday.... very early!!! I really want to get excited but I'm almost too scared too. I like what emsabub said though... new pregnancy, new baby.

I just wish I could stop googling every symptom or lack of symptom!!! X

Right?! I've never wanted to be nauseous so badly in my life lol!! We should totally be pregnancy buddies then! :)

Oh wow! Big congrats to you 😄

I totally now how you are feeling but stay strong mumma! Having had five early miscarriages I am exactly the same in early pregbancy but dreams do come true... I'm now blessed with two beautiful boys & expecting again! I'm really hoping that you have a happy & healthy nine months ❤️

Oh wow! Big congrats to you 😄

I totally now how you are feeling but stay strong mumma! Having had five early miscarriages I am exactly the same in early pregbancy but dreams do come true... I'm now blessed with two beautiful boys & expecting again! I'm really hoping that you have a happy & healthy nine months ❤️

Thank you so much! I think I will feel better when I get passed the 8 week mark (Where we lost last time)... until then I'm kind of holding my breath! :)

I found out on Friday evening that I am expecting again. My husband and I tried for 4 years to have a baby... 3 years ago we got out BFP only to lose it just before the 8 week ultrasound.

We had decided recently (the last year) that we were content with no children as it just didn't seem to be in the cards for us... we were even preventing (not very effectively lol)

Last October I went in for surgery to have a cyst removed from my left ovary and complications cause me to have my entire ovary and tube removed.

Needless to say this news is a big shock! Of course we are happy, but now all I can think about is what happened last time... will it happen again... etc..

This pregnancy feels different, last time i didnt actually feel pregnant at all, this time ( I'm 4wks and 4 days) I have very sore nipples, mild nasuea and im SO TIRED... so hopefully those are all good signs...

xo

Hello MessyTess and congratulations on your BFP :happydance: You're bound to be nervous but every pregnancy is different all you can do is try to enjoy it. Im sure once you have a scan and see your little bubs on screen you will feel much better. Me and my OH had a late 2nd trimester loss and i was so nervous during my last pregnancy but we now have a beautiful 3 year old DS running about the place. Im 4 weeks pregnant now and the horrible gut-wrenching anxiety never leaves me but all i can do is try to ignore it.

Sounds like this is your little miracle baby and you have a good range of pregnancy symptoms so all sounds good. :hugs:

xo

Hello MessyTess and congratulations on your BFP :happydance: You're bound to be nervous but every pregnancy is different all you can do is try to enjoy it. Im sure once you have a scan and see your little bubs on screen you will feel much better. Me and my OH had a late 2nd trimester loss and i was so nervous during my last pregnancy but we now have a beautiful 3 year old DS running about the place. Im 4 weeks pregnant now and the horrible gut-wrenching anxiety never leaves me but all i can do is try to ignore it.

Sounds like this is your little miracle baby and you have a good range of pregnancy symptoms so all sounds good. :hugs:

Thank you! It's such a roller coaster! The last 12 months I had convinced myself that life without a child was going to be okay. My husband and I had been making dual income no kids plans like crazy... and then POW, surprise! I'm mostly shocked to find myself wanting it so much again, and my husband, I thought he wouldn't be very happy, but he is, after really convincing ourselves we were better just the 2 of us. I guess that goes to show how strong defense mechanisms are! lol

I think the only thing we can do is take it a day at a time. The last 2 days I've just been glad to get through the day with a positive test and no bleeding. I've had some cramps today which are probably normal but of course I will over analyse everything!!! I'm even almost too scared to stay in the first tri section for too long in case I jynx it!! X

I think the only thing we can do is take it a day at a time. The last 2 days I've just been glad to get through the day with a positive test and no bleeding. I've had some cramps today which are probably normal but of course I will over analyse everything!!! I'm even almost too scared to stay in the first tri section for too long in case I jynx it!! X

Exactly me too! I had some cramps the other day, but they lasted a few hours, went away and still not a speck of pink.. so that's good. I'm just going to be holding my breath until my 8 week scan then then again until the end of the first Tri. We are due around the same time... I'm April 19th/20th.

Yeh I've had them on and off most of today, but is its like my legs ache as well.

Yeh the scan won't come quick enough except I think the first one I'll get will be 12 weeks! Unless I pay privately for an earlier one which I might do.

I've still not got to af due date yet which is Saturday so I think once I pass Saturday and not get af I'll feel a lot happier!

It's gonna be a long journey but it's great to have someone to talk to!

Yeh I've had them on and off most of today, but is its like my legs ache as well.

Yeh the scan won't come quick enough except I think the first one I'll get will be 12 weeks! Unless I pay privately for an earlier one which I might do.

I've still not got to af due date yet which is Saturday so I think once I pass Saturday and not get af I'll feel a lot happier!

It's gonna be a long journey but it's great to have someone to talk to!

Yes definitely, only someone in this situation can relate.. haha even my hubby thinks i'm nuts with all my worries and constant thinking about it.

Haha! Yep, hubby said to me yesterday something about not needing to worry so I told him I will deal with it in my own way and if that means testing every other day until at least 6 weeks then so be it! He laughed when he saw the stock levels of pregnancy tests in our bathroom cabinet today!

I almost want to just sort of forget about it for a week or so just so that I don't feel too connected to it all. I work Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays so hopefully the next 3 days will go nice and quick!

Haha! Yep, hubby said to me yesterday something about not needing to worry so I told him I will deal with it in my own way and if that means testing every other day until at least 6 weeks then so be it! He laughed when he saw the stock levels of pregnancy tests in our bathroom cabinet today!

I almost want to just sort of forget about it for a week or so just so that I don't feel too connected to it all. I work Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays so hopefully the next 3 days will go nice and quick!

YES! If I could just sleep for a week or 2 and wake up for my scan that would be amazing! lol

Let's hope time goes nice and quickly for us and stress free!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->